Horse Trailer loading issues.?

I have a young horse that had not been hauled much but I had never had issues loading him in a horse trailer. My friend has an stock trailer and he went right up in that and he backed back off it with no problems several times. My other friend has a real nice slant load with rear tack compartment and ramp. He... show more I have a young horse that had not been hauled much but I had never had issues loading him in a horse trailer. My friend has an stock trailer and he went right up in that and he backed back off it with no problems several times. My other friend has a real nice slant load with rear tack compartment and ramp. He went on that trailer just fine too but wouldn't back off. I know it's because he couldn't see behind him. My two friends got all over me about how he should back off the trailer and it is "wrong" to allow him to turn around and walk off. I didn't see the problem but I took their advise and loaded him on the trailer and then me and the horse fussed and fought about whether or not he would back off - he is very hard headed and stubborn. As he is very much bigger than me he won, he turned around and walked off. Now I can't get him back on the trailer. I did this against my better judgement and now because of this he had a bad experience and won't get back on. Any ideas?
Update: I don't have my own trailer. My friend left her trailer here for the week and will be taking it back on saturday. Gotta get this fixed soon as we are planning a camping trip end of January and the big baby is the whole reason I 'm going in the first place so he can experience new trails, different... show more I don't have my own trailer. My friend left her trailer here for the week and will be taking it back on saturday. Gotta get this fixed soon as we are planning a camping trip end of January and the big baby is the whole reason I 'm going in the first place so he can experience new trails, different environment, new horses etc.