Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & Employment · 1 decade ago

United States Postal Service Jobs? Rural Route Carrier Associate Posistion?

I know what this position is and does, but the exam announcment states that it is a "non carreer" position. Does anyone know if this position recieves benefits? Is there any carriers that can give me insight into the USPS and the job? What does "non-carreer" mean?

Favorite Answer

Hi, the benefits of this "non career" position is very vague. You must become a "Career" associate to receive the Great Benefits. However, I personally work as a RCA (Rural Carrier Associate-Non Career) and absolutely love the job! It is extremely physically demanding, but worth it! Good Luck!

Non-career means that you're not going to do that job for the rest of your life. It's not a long term goal. You have something else to do should you lose the job for any reason and yes they have great benefits. To get more information, you can go to your local post office & they'll tell you what to do and where to go. The applications are usually online or you'll have to go to a specific post office in your county to fill one out.