Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 1 decade ago

Who uses Tradestation? Is it any good?

Favorite Answer

I have been using Tradestation 8.1 now for about a year. Overall I'm pleased with this platform as it provides me a number of ways to automate my trading strategies and is a very versatile program. It's my understanding that the number of viable automation platforms is growing, but I believe TS still takes the market when it comes to overall programability. However, I will provide a couple of words of caution. There is no such thing as "easy" programming as I have had occasion to hear people complaining about on the TS forums. Even Tradestation's built-in "Easylanguage," while easy compared to most programming languages, still retains with it the basic learning overhead that any programming language will have, in addition to the overhead of learning how to use TS in the first place. It's work, no doubt about it, but for the programming minded, it's fun work. Another important point is that Tradestation is not self-clearing. They clear through R.J. Obrien and therefore have their limits when it comes to brokering. They are a software company first and foremost and their software is good, but if you only need a broker and aren't too attached to having state of the art software, then look elsewhere. If you aren't sure whether or not your strategy requires the advanced features of TS, call them and find out:

TradeStation Software Support

Phone: (800) 292-3442 or (954) 652-7000

Open 24 hours from

Sunday 6:00pm - Friday 8:00pm ET

other phone numbers:

https://www.tradestation.com/support/contact/defau...

Good Trading