Who out there know how to make Indian food from India? I am always looking for new recipes.?

If you have any good recipes...please let me know.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I can tell you recipes from south India. Do you want vegetarian or non-vegetarian recipes?

Here is a recipe for Chicken curry (gravy)

Ingredients:

Chicken - 1 (whole chicken cut into small pieces)

Big onion - 2 (cut into small pieces)

Tomato - 3 (cut into small pieces)

Chilli powder - 1 teaspoon (or acc to your taste)

Ginger & garlic paste - 1/2 tablespoon

Garam masala - 1/2 teaspoon ( you can get this in any Indian grocery store)

Chicken masala - 1/2 to 1 tablespoon (again can be got from Indian store)

Coconut - 1/2 cup (Grind it with water and make it as a paste)

Salt - acc to your taste

Oil - 1/2 cup

Preparation:

1) Heat oil in a pan.

2) Put onion and fry it till it is brown.

3) Add tomato and cook it.

4) Add the masalas (chilli powder, Garam masala, ginger garlic paste, chicken masala, salt) and cook till the raw smell of the masalas leave.

5) close the pan for 10 to 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked well. Mix it inbetween to avoid the masalas sticking onto the bottom of the pan.

6) Open the pan and keep on cooking till the whole mix is brownish.

7) Add the coconut paste with some water and leave it on the stove till it becomes a gravy.

8) You can put some coriander leaves on it and serve.

Note:

1)This can be made without chicken masala but the taste will be bit different.

2) The amount of masalas I have mentioned will make it spicy. If you want to reduce the spiciness, reduce the amount of chilli, garam masala and chicken masala.

3) Spiciness can also be reduced by adding more coconut paste.

Let me know if you like it. You can mail me if you want more recipes.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A Traditional Indian Side Dish * RATING * 5 out of 5 3 reviews

Servings [Reset]

Keys : Condiment Indian India Asian

Ingredients :

1xTomato, cubed

1xRed onion, sliced thin

1xFresh hot, or mildly hot pepper, sliced

Ginger (some matchstick slices)

Fresh lemon juice

Salt to taste

Method :

* AOL. In a bowl add the veggies, some salt and squeeze lemon juice into the bowl. cover. let stand in fridge for at least 1/2 hour before serving.

* Tastes great with channa masala and roti or as the prime "chutney" with aloo paranthas.

Adai(Savory Indian Pancakes)

Servings [Reset]

Keys : Low Calorie Fat Free Diet Indian India Asian Indian

Ingredients :

1cupMixture of dhals*

2cupLong grained rice

Salt to taste.

Method :

* *(Use any combination of tur dhal, chana dal or even split yellow peas)

* Wash and rinse the dhals and rice thoroughly. When the rinse water runs clear, soak the dhals and rice together in a bowl with fresh water for a couple of hours. Drain the dhal-rice mixture and grind into a somewhat coarse mixture in a blender using water when necessary. Empty the batter into a bowl, add some salt and let it rest for at least an hour. You could also let it ferment overnight if you like a sourdough tang in your pancakes.

* To make the pancakes, heat a non-stick/well-seasoned cast iron skillet on a moderate stove. If a few drops of water bounce off the pan, the pan is hot enough and you can proceed to make the pancakes.

* Drop a ladleful of the pre-prepared batter in the center of the pan and with the back of the ladle, swirl the batter from inside to outside to form a thin round pancake. Wait till the top looks dry, wait another minute if you like them crisp and flip to cook the other side. Remove onto a plate and eat immediately with a nice coriander chutney. (Continue preparing pancakes in the same way, till you run out of batter and/or chutney. The batter will also keep in the fridge for almost a week and you can prepare the pancakes when the mood strikes you.)

* Variation: Can add finely chopped onions/jalapenos/spinach/ginger/a few cumin seeds, anything you fancy, to the batter before making the pancakes.

* You will however not be able to make neat circular pancakes. Instead, you will end up with (tasty) irregular shaped ones.

Aam Lhassi * RATING * 4 out of 5 6 reviews

[Reset]

Keys : Ethnic Beverages Drinks Vegetarian Indian India Asian

Ingredients :

1cupDiced fresh mango

1/2cupOrange juice, chilled

3tblClear honey

2cupRich milk, chilled

1pchGarden rose petals, optional

Method :

* Combine mango, orange juice & sweetener in food processor. Blend for 1 1/2 minutes.

* Pour milk into processor & process till it has expanded & become frothy. Add the mango puree. Process for about 1 minute. Pour into chilled glasses. Garnish with the rose petals if so desired. Serve immediately.

• 1 decade ago

There cannot be something called "Indian Food" - that is too generic a term as all the different areas of India have their own particular cuisine which is totally different from each other. Even in the same region, food is different viz Maharsatian food is different from Gujarati Food and Bengali food is different from Oriya food.

• 1 decade ago

My Self.

What kind of recipes you need?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

hey best site wud be bawarchi.I try dishes from it and it is wow good.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.