promotion image of download ymail app
ZoMan asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 decade ago

Can he give up his parental rights without the adoption process?

In the state of Oregon, can he give up his rights without my husband adopting my daughter at the same time?

3 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Not sure about Oregon, but in Virginia absolutely. My nine year old son's father has made no obligations to support or see his child, with a lawyer you can have him sign and notorize the correct documents and have them signed off by the judge without even appearing in fromt of the judge. Let this be done in the best interest of your child.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    Yes, but why on earth would you want to do that to your daughter? I would check with an attorney, if you can't afford one, call the Oregon State Bar for their referral service. Your daughter is entitled to financial support until she's an adult. That money is for her benefit, not yours. Even if you just put it in the bank for her college fund, or first house, she should get it.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    what if someone adopts a daughter without parental consent

    maybe it could work sometimes, no previous emotional baggage to deal with, just a new start , etc.

    I'm SURE some kids would welcome a new set of parents. Especially in those last few years before college. Maybe some childless couples would welcome the chance to see what it would be like to be a mom and dad.

    Source(s): considering it, I have sooooo much to give, and I'm safe, and I'm bored
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.