is shrek a good movie for my 4 year old nephew?

im babysitting for the weekend!!

Favorite Answer

yes, this is a great movie!!! i love it!! and im like 100 years old already!!

Shrek Age Appropriate

I don't see anything wrong with Shrek. Kids are more fascinated with the animation and talking animals, and the action. They laugh at the punchlines, but they very rarely notice that somebody said a curse word or gestured something inapproprate.

Shrek is a good movie for a 4 year old in my opinion, and I have 2 kids, a 3 year old and a 4 1/2 year old.

Shrek is a very good movie for your 4 year old nephew. I babysit and it keeps the kids attention.

I'm probably going to be the lone voice against this, but I'd say get something that's more age-appropriate.

I have a 6 year old and a 3.5 year old and I think adults expose kids to stuff too early. (It doesn't all just "go over their heads"--sometimes it's very confusing for them--try explaining to your nephew why there's a man who dresses like a woman).

If it's not important to you to sit and watch every minute of the movie with him or if you dont mind watching kid stuff try these:

Rolie Polie Olie

Backyardigans

Blues Clues or Blues Room

Bob the Builder

Thomas the Tank Engine

Cars

Or ask your nephew's mom and dad what they think is appropriate.

I'd say Shrek can wait.

YES, but keep a hand on the "clicker"...every child is different & some moments are more intense than others. Babysitting is fine, but staying up till midnight with a baby with nightmares is so not worth it!!! Keep an eye out for the moment when they're trying to run Shrek out of his swamp, and also when Shrek is rescuing Fiona at the very end. I have a very emotional girlie who is DEVASTATED at moments like these!

Yes! My daughter started watching this movie at 3 1/2. She LOVES Donkey and Princess Fiona.

definately...

There's some very definate "adult" humour in there, but it's very subtle and amusing (nothing smutty... just things that only grown ups would get)... Kids simply wouldn't know what had just been said and concentrate on the characters and the story...

I love it, and I'm 31... then again... I probably have the mental age of a 4 year old most of the time... At least that's what the wife tells me!

Yes, but there will be jokes in the movie that the average 4 year old will not get. Otherwise, its a great kids movie.

Yes, my boyfriend's 2 year-old loves that movie. In fact that is the only movie she always wants to watch.

Shrek 2 is good too.

yes i think that it is fine. it is family movie. the children dont understand the stuff that adults think is funny. 4 year old will love shrek!