I burned a CD on my computer it plays on a cd player but won't play on my car player. Any clue why?

Favorite Answer

The format must be .CDA, not .WAV, .WMA or any other format.

Source(s): 25 year electronics technician, audio guru

Older burners must be told the disc will be palyed in other devices in order to work. Depending on the age of the burner and the player, it may not be possible to make one that will play. Early car CD players were not Multi-read and would not play a copied disc.

Now, all that being said, when you burn a CD, don't just copy to the disc, Use a program like Nero or Windows Media Player. When recording a CD-R, the recording must be closed in order for the disc to be used in CD players. Do not use CD-RW.

Source(s): Honda owner's manual

Many CD players will not play CD-R or CD-RW disks, even if they have been recorded properly for use in a CD player. You'll need a CD player that is sensitive enough to read the color differences in the dye used in the CD-R. A normal CD uses physical dents in a sheet of aluminum or gold to create the data surface. CD-R and CD-RW discs use a dye-film to create the recording surface. Not all CD player lasers are sensitive enough to read the dye on a CD-R or CD-RW. Check your owner's manual to ensure your CD player is compatible with CD-R disks. If it is compatible with CD-R, you may try using a different brand of CD-R disk.

Some car stereo CD players are not capable of playing CDR's. Check your owners manual or ask the dealer if the CD player in your car can play a CDR.

If you burned them to the CD as MP3s or such, many car stereos are not compatible.

I use Nero, which came with my CD Burner.

When I open it, it gives me the option to make a data cd, music cd, etc.

If I make a music CD, it converts my MP3s to cda format when burning, which plays in my car's stereo.

Make sure you are using a blank CD-R and not a blank CD-RW. From there, make sure the disc you burned the songs to actually show the songs as wav files. If they are showing as mp3, your car stereo would need to be mp3 compatible. Usually, wav files will play fine. My hunch is you are using a CD-RW, which most car stereos are not going to read.

Source(s): Happened to me already.

It might be your radio, I burn cd's and out of 10 maybe 1 will play and that is after ff when I put it in.

• Lilel

It's all about the format the CD is in. Sometimes when you burn it older cars can't read it. It's all hit or miss. Good luck.

SOme of them will only play on the machine that created them. When you "finish" the disc-burning process, there's sometimes a choice you have to make whether it will be compatible with all players or only the one that you used to make it.

some of them wont play burnt tracks, iknow some older kendwoods wont because i tried, how old is the radio youre are using

Go with Richard W he has best answer!