rock asked in SportsBoxing · 1 decade ago

who would win, vinny paz or jake la motta?

Favorite Answer

Jake would knock paz out. Paz would try to use his speed, but in the end jake would just smother him.

Jake La Motta would give the Pazmania Devil a worse beatting than Roy Jones did by the way did anyone see the left hook Roy caught Paz with both of Roy's feet came off the floor one of the most beautiful left hooks I have ever seen if you get a chance look at that fight again sorry back to what La Motta would do to the Paz by the way I love Paz if I had his heart I would have been one of the best that ever lived any way this would be Paz down fall he would not run in this fight he would try to prove something to a man who only fights one way this would be a bloody fight if the fight was for 15 rounds I see Paz being stopped in the 14th round both fighters would go to the hospital for a couple of days there are not enough cats to stitch these two up a great you know when you think of these fights you just wish you could see them only in our minds great chose

Vinny was a fine fighter and had a lot of heart. Jake LaMotta was a world class middleweight with an iron chin good enough to have defeated the great Sugar Ray Robinson once. Neither fighter has a great knockout punch and though Paz is flashy, LaMotta is a better fighter overall. LaMotta would bully Paz all over the ring and win a very comfortable decision in this one.

• smitty

PAZIENZA - W 50 (KO's 30) TF 60 - W pct 83% - KO pct 50% - wins over G. Haugen{2}, Sims, Duran[2] and Honeyghan - KO'ed by R. Jones and A. Davis

When I realize that he went from Lt. Welter wt (140) and Super Middle wt (168). He blew up, I wonder if he was on "juice"

LA MOTTA - W 83 (KO's 30) TF 106 - W pct 78% - KO pct 28% - wins over Robinson, Satterfield and Zivic[3] - KO'ed by Robinson - #52 ranked fighter

The movie "Raging Bull" was about La Motta's life.

We I first looked at this fight, I thought Motta very easily. Jake was a notoriously weak puncher. The Paz will box circles around Jake. Jake was a bull in taking punishment not in handing it out. Vinny in a 15 rd split decision.

Smitty is dead right about this.

Pazienza would box circles around LaMotta. The movie 'Raging Bull' gives a false impression that LaMotta was a devastating puncher. He wasn't. In 106 fights he stopped only 30 guys, and was a rarity, in that he was a boxer who engaged in trench warfare. Sluggers usually do that.

Pazienza stopped 30 guys also, but in 60 fights. He was strong, very mobile and very quick, as well as an effective combination puncher.

Too fleet of foot for LaMotta.

La Motta. He was a brawler who could take a punch.

Jake, hands down.

• Allen

lamotta

• gman

lamotta

who are they?