Jimmy asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 decade ago

Why do people think they can get accurate medical advice from yahoo answers?

I have read dozens of postings asking the yahoo community for medical advice. GO TO A DOCTOR!

Am I the only one who finds these people to be completely delusional?

Favorite Answer

I KNOW!

Me too!

I love answering those questions! Right up there by "is my avatar hot", "am I pregnant" and "does he like me"

1

Source(s): Medical Consultations Via Phone : http://OnlinePhysician.neatprim.com/?VRXV

In their defense, Im sure many of them are just looking for answers from someone who has experienced the same symptoms,or reassurance that it is a problem and their not overreaccting. Sometimes its too late for a doctor and not emergency enough for the hospital.

I agree with you with certain things,though. Like "Im 2 months pregnant,having bad cramps and passing blood clots,what should I do?". Thats stupid. Obviously you need to be seen by a doctor right away.

• binnu

I trust you thoroughly, even inspite of the shown fact that, persons are a sprint humorous. occasion, I own an insurance company, one night i'm getting a call at 2am. the guy on the telephone, who became a shopper of mine, mentioned a motor vehicle had basically ran by his lounge. in this sort of situation my first reaction became, is there all and sundry harm? His reaction became, i don't comprehend i've got not checked yet. Who calls there insurance agent in the previous calling an ambulance!!! I mentioned as the police and Ambulance who got here to the scene and it became accessible became human beings badly harm. i assume what i'm attempting to assert is on occasion human beings want a sprint help to set them on the instant. perhaps asking a scientific question on Yahoo to strangers would be sure what they're thinking, for this reason, they are going to bypass to the wellness care expert a sprint extra helpful recommended and with a bit of luck not as scared.

• Jack

Not everybody can afford to go to the doctor (me, for example), so you do what you gotta do. When I graduate, then I can get insurance and go to the doctor all the time, but not now.

I cannot give a real physical, I cannot see how you say what you say, I cannot hear your breathing. You would be better off asking a hunk of cheese for medical help.

Get thee to the doctor

• Grist

Yes, you are. They are, for the most part, only partly delusional.

And yahoo answers are nothing if not a good placebo for the relatively ignorant among us.

I agree! I don't ask my co-worker (I'm not an auto mechanic) to tell me what is wrong with my sputtering engine! I go to my mechanic!

If you MUST get online medical help, go to webmd.com!

We just like interacting with people and getting opinions

I THINK THEY'RE JUST LOOKING FOR ANSWERS WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY TO GO TO THE DR.