Have you ever felt an x-ray?

I have been an xray tech for a long time. Many, many times people have told me that they can feel the x-rays. Other x-ray techs have told me the same thing, that patients sometimes can feel the x-rays. It's amazing to me. Have you ever had an x-ray taken and been able to feel the x-rays pass through you? If so, what did you feel? Thanks!

Favorite Answer

I actually have felt them before. The best way I could explain it though is like static electricity feels, except it's about x1000 less intense than being shocked by someones hand or something.

I thought it bizarre to feel an x-ray, because you're not supposed to, but I have. It feels like a zapping sizzle. Like waking at the beach to the sting of the sun on your skin where you applied the tanning lotion before you snoozed.

It only happened once or twice. I wondered if the x-ray settings - if any - were set too high.

I have never felt an x-ray. I think that maybe peoples minds have played tricks on them because they were nervous or something. I dont see how some people could REALLY feel it while most others dont.

I have only had a handful of x-rays in my life, but I have never felt any of them.

I myself have never felt an x-ray. I have felt the warmth of the machinery involved with having an x-ray....you know, as it gets closer to my body, I could feel its warmth.

That makes as much sense as feeling light.

X-ray is a electromagnetic ray, just like light. You can't feel it!

I've had several x-rays and I can honestly say that I have never felt a thing.

• Pink

No, you can not feel x-rays going through you. I had someone tell me that x-rays made them dizzy. Maybe they were dizzy, but it not from the x-rays.

Source(s): Radiology Professor

Feel an X-ray? Nope. MRI? might be a tingling in metal fillings in teeth.

I never felt anything when I got x-rayed.