How would you feel if your husband befriend someone who clearly does not like you or your children?

How would you view that?

Favorite Answer

There go the warning sirens on that. Of course I would have to know a few more details but any "freind" of a husband/partner who doesn't like or at least tolerate a spouse and children is something that needs to be watched. Good luck, my Dear.

I'd definitely be upset. Talk to your hubby. Explain to him that you're all for him having new friends, but that this one clearly does not like you or the children and cite some examples. Tell him that you're OK with him hanging out with the new friend away from the family, but that you're just not comfortable with him in the house, or hanging out with the family. Your husband will more than likely speak to his new friend, and if the friend doesn't come round to acting properly, your hubby should drop him.

Personally, I would confront the both immediately.

Explain the situation, and don't hold back. Explain your fears, and your worries. Dig up all possibilities asking your husband of course to keep an open and clear conscience about what this friend is disclosing.

Should you not feel you have achieved a resolve, well perhaps your next step would be to go-over this meeting privately with your husband. Ask him to explain what ideas he has in mind for his new friend, and warn him how it may affect his family.

Nothing short of this can really resolve the issue. Your insecurities may be all it is. If so, by bringing it out in the open may put you all in the places you need to be.

Good luck.

BGA

If that person doesn't like me or my children, then that person shouldn't come to my house. My house is my home, and under no circumstances should I feel uncomfortable in my own house. Talk with your husband about your feelings.

I would want to know WHY he chose this friend! A mans family should always be respected! After all, if you value your friend, you should value his choice in mates and the part of him that is in his children!

If it is a new friendship I would tell my husband my feelings and tell him to make a choice.

• Becca

I would be pissed off and strongly prefer my husband not hang out with this person.

• M

Well not everyone is going to like everyone....if it is your husbands friend....well that pretty much covers it....he is not your friend....he is not a friend of your children's.....

It would be difficult, because I try to have everyone like me. It is not easy when you don't get love from family members.

I would not like it one bit!!! I would not expect him to be rude to the person, but if they didnt like me or my kids, why would my husband want to be friends with him/her.