why not filipinos celebrate christmass in america?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

you mean, filipinos go back to the country to celebrate xmas? or juz dont celebrate the traditional filipino xmas?

if its the 1st, then the reason is they would want to be with their families, loved oned, or friends for the holiday.

if it's the 2nd, alot of filipinos still celebrate the traditional filipino way even if they're in america, there's still the noche buena, and the 9-day mass etc.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Not all Filipinos are Christians.

Not every one in The United Stated of Amerikkka is a christian.

Why should non Christians celebrate Christmas.

I mean, December 25th is not even his real birthday and the Sabbath was changed to Sunday by Constantine in 321 AD to suit his needs.

The bible tells us 6 days shall we work and the 7th shal be a holy day of rest.

If you are so hung up on Jesus as the son of god then why do you not obey his laws???

• 1 decade ago

The beautiful thing about America is that we have the freedom to choose whether or not we will celebrate a christian holiday. My guess would be that filipinos have a different cultural idea.

• 1 decade ago

They do.

All the Phillipino families I know put on BIG Xmas celebrations, many of them centered around attending a midnight Mass. They party before and after church services, often celebrating long into the morning next day.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • mld m
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

People of all kinds of ethnic background celebrate Christmas for religious reasons or just for fun. There is a blatantly obvious correlation between the words Christmas and Christian. There is no correlation between the words ethnic and Christian. Religion is a belief, a state of mind, a choice. Ethnicity is a birth right.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

all the filipinos i know celebrate xmas

• 1 decade ago

they do, but because they are not home in the PI, they do it differently

• 1 decade ago

They do.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.