Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & Employment · 1 decade ago

Reason given to call in sick?

This was in the news today: "Woman Fakes Kidnapping to Avoid Work". What is a reason you gave when you didn't want to go to work? (Other than being sick of course).

Favorite Answer

True reasons I have given:

Broken water pipe

Sewer back up

Shingles blew off the roof

Can't get out to the main road - too much snow

Sick children

Car won't start

Flat tire, no spare

record of accessible reasons for unlikely into artwork on Boxing Day: a million. Santa gave me an STD. 2. Santa drank all the milk in the domicile and that i won't be able to have cereal. as a result, no cereal = no artwork. 3. My grandma these days have been given run over by employing a reindeer. She's on existence help and that i ought to be together with her. i'm all she has. 4. i'm the president of the nationally ordinary, "Boxing Day could be a countrywide trip club" and that i ought to be impeached if I worked in the present day. 5. I even have explosive diarrhea and that i comprehend that we gained't convey weapons to artwork so...I in simple terms isn't in. 6. i've got substitute right into a Youtube sensation and my subscribers insisted that I receive yet another video so...which will exceptionally lots take up the finished day. 7. i've got fallen and that i won't be able to upward push up...till the day after the next day. 8. i've got not got any sparkling undies so...you do the maths. 9. i'm nonetheless improving from being molested by employing the mythical Bigfoot. 10. I actually have a tator tot lodged in an extremely gentle section and the docs are having hardship removing it...do no longer ask. ***wish I helped. does not a chilly and headache sound a tad...uninteresting now? lol

As an employer, I have heard excuses ranging from sick pets to car troubles to police issues. I have not heard the fake kidnapping story, so I give her an A for originality.

What I realized is that people like to take days off when they are not sick, so I combined all of the sick and vacation days in my office to one block of personal days.

Now, instead of calling in with an excuse, people can take paid days without giving a reason. All they need to do is say that they are taking a personal day.

Car Trouble....It worked good when I had a piece of crap car that was always breaking down...

My electric gate at my house is broken and i can't get out......They don't know when the repair guy can come out

My child is sick...

My car won't turn on...

I am locked out. Keys are in the car/house...

Have to take elder grandpa to doctor's appt...

"Car won't start." No one in my office wants to drive the 20 miles one way to come and get me and then have to take me home too!

Had to take my dog to the vet.

my basement flooded due to pipes bursting

• Bren

garage door won't open