Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

How can you get the smell of Cat Urine out of your couch?

My kitty had an accident due to a bladder infectyion and I have no idea how to get the smell of urine out of the couch or its cushions...help!!

Favorite Answer

Hi there...consider Nature's Miracle Just For Cats found worldwide at most pet stores. It's an enzymatic neutralizer which works by breaking down urine proteins by thoroughly soaking the areas affected and allowing to air dry. Repeated applications are necessary for heavily soiled areas. Couch will require extra solution so consider buying the Gallon size to achieve the results.

Nature's Miracle Just For Catsproduct info: http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_detail.jsp?...

We've tested nearly all enzyme neutralizers available in the marketplace for our exotic cats which have stronger urine than domestic cats and found that Nature's Miracle Just for Cats has always worked the best.

Source(s): Animal Trainer to domestic and exotic cats

Look for an emulsifier,degreaser type product. After the stain has been thoroughly cleaned remove residual odor with white vinegar. As cat urine is very alkali, you will need an acid(vinegar) to balance the Ph and neutralize the odor.

Vinegar works for humans' noses, but not cats'. Your cat can still smell urine even though we can't.

I would go to your local pet retailer and get "Nature's Miracle." It's a liquid solution, about $10 for a bottle - totally worth it. One of my cats went on a peeing spree a few years back and this was the only thing that worked. I swear by it!

• shelly

They make this stuff called "Urine Gone". I get it at Rite Aid. It actually comes with a black light so you can see the pee. Anyway, it works great. After that I spray some Febreeze just incase.

Bissell makes a product called Pet Odor and Stain remover. It seems to work quite well for me.

Try a solution of vinegar and water. Also leave them out in the sun to dry. Good luck!

douse it with vinmigar then use a pet odor revmover

it's not possible but try steam cleaning it u can still smell it but stain is gone

i would be glad to help you with that but i don't have a cat, sorry.

wash it