Greencard application photos?

My wife and I are applying for her greencard, but we are unsure where to get our photos taken? Has anyone gone thru this process? I would suspect it would be typical passport photos, but I want to get this right the first time. Thank you in advance for any help.

Favorite Answer

The photo places usually surround the INS offices, check there. Or go to the web for search.

I've been through it and just about any place that does photos will do them. Take the specs with you from the greencard package because some things have changed over the past few years and someone who hasn't done them in a while might now know this.

Greencard, passport and citizenship photos all have variations. Facing forward, to the side, the size of the picture and whether it has a blank line on the bottom.

Plus sometimes they are picky. We had ours done and had to go somewhere else because INS wasn't happy with the first ones.

Good luck!

Source(s): Personal experience
  • Alie

Go to this link: http://travel.state.gov/passport/guide/guide_2081.... print out the specifications and take it to any place that takes passport photos. Make sure they follow the specifications and you will be fine.

Try your local Post Office. They are offering most of these services. Good Luck.

Go to Walmart and tell them you need photos for immigration. They will know what to do.