How would you tell your 9 year old son, that he is going to be a big brother.?

I raised my son by myslef until approx 6 mos. ago. So he is def a mama's boy. I'm 9 weeks preg. now. When and how is the easiest way to tell him?

Favorite Answer

Tell him you have one more Christmas present for him :-)

• maamu

My 2 boys were almost that far apart in age. I just told my son that he was going to have a new borther or sister. I acted excited, and he picked right up on that.

That was SO many years ago. My oldest is 30 my youngest 22. They are very, very close. Which is not something I expected.

By the way, the oldest is still a mama's boy. :)

I'd wait till the 3 month stage and then tell him and get him involved, etc. Buy a heart monitor and you and him can both listen to the baby's heart beat and that should keep him interested and excited about being a big brother. Also get him to help you paint the baby's nursary and make him really feel like a major part in the new baby's life.

I am a single mom and she always wanted a brother or sister. I bought a calander of 07 and circled the due date. Then I got a big sister gift and a baby gift and wrapperd them. I sat her down and told her That on this day (showed her the caladner( that she would be a sister.. and then she got to open her gift and her siblings gift.. since then we are constantly baby shopping together.

I would tell him asap, don't keep anything from him. Tell him that you have some great news for him and how excited you are. you should also make him feel like he's going to have an important role as an older brother, and how you're going to need his help. Good Luck!

The truth is you may need to buy him a puppy so he can get use to the idea of having someone younger than he is getting all of the attention. Tell him when he goes to pick it out, "This one you get to choose, but your new sibling we will just have to take what God gives us. You'll need to practice taking care of this puppy so you'll be ready to help Mom when the baby comes."

Of course, I've never had kids myself, (my parents would kill me) Lol, but take it from someone who's been told the same thing! Don't beat around the bush, you'll make your kid think someone's dead. (Don't ask) Just come out with it. Tell him as soon as possible, and good luck with the pregnancy, it'll be better afterwards, when you see the angel's 'lil face.

He is old enough to understand what is going on. Be honest and talk to him like a adult.

He may actually be excited!

Well, sooner or later he's gonna find out, so i suggest tell him slowly and be nice, he might get overly excited or very stressed.

Just say your gonna be a big brother soon..

get a ultrasound pic and give it to he in a card. it worked go with my kids