promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 1 decade ago

How do you know when it's time to change the couch?

There's a little disagreement, work with me fellas.

19 Answers

Relevance
  • kyeann
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

When you sit on it and sink down to the floor, or the upholstery gets holes in it.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

If the couch is dirty or smells a little funky and can't be cleaned, if the upholstery is really ugly and/or worn, if the springs are shot or if the cushions are disintegrating, it's time to get a new couch. Don't worry, a poor college student will give it a nice home, just leave it out the day before trash day with a sign that says "free to good home" and it will get taken for a second life and be loved.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If there are tears in the arms, cushions and/or legs of the couch's upholstery due to children or pets, you may need to get a new couch, depending on the severity of the damage. If it isn't too severe you can get someone to patch over the torn spot for you, or, if you felt that you needed a new couch, anyway, you can go get a new one.

If a spring comes loose in a couch that's alright. You can call someone to fix it or you can go buy another one.

Happy Holidays!

- Kyuubi_Sama.

• 1 decade ago

1. When it's too embarrassing to you or your significant other to have it displayed in, on, or around the house or apartment.

2. When the cushions and frame are so broken down that when you sit on it, you end up In it and you need help out of it (and you're not old by any means).

3. When the dog won't even try to climb on it anymore.

4. When the Smithsonian calls and wants to display it.

Most importantly, only when you can afford to replace it (which in my case could be never)

Good luck with the argument.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You change the couch when the style doesn't fit the room it is in. When it looks worn or outdated. It's all about your preference but usually when it's time for it to go you know.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

When it is falling apart and you can afford it. Not simply to match a new decorating theme. Unless of course you have so much money you don't know what to do with it! In that case, send it to some homeless shelters or food banks!

• 1 decade ago

well lets c... ur sick & tired of the style or color & pattern. it sags in the middle. u can feel the coil springs poking ur rear. the cushions are as thin as pancakes. the upholstery is threadbare. trust me the fact that ur asking...i think u need a new sofa...bite the bullet & do it! i am a designer & a simple change like a new sofa can make such a statement in ur room.

• 1 decade ago

When your feeling sorry for it and it's just there because your afraid to part with it. Honestly.....if the cushions are flat and the fabric is torn and dirty...it's time for a new couch.

• 1 decade ago

When You Slap It And A Water Bug Fall's Off Of It!

• 1 decade ago

If it's basically clean and functional, keep it, but feel free to put a slipcover on it if you want to change its appearance.

On the other hand, if the frame or springs are shot, or if it's soiled and smelly and can't be fixed, then it's time to replace it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.