How is the life style in Greece? Would you suggest living there? How about the education - exchange students?

>>I am half Greek, and I've always been interested in building a future there...

Favorite Answer

I'm half Greek as well, and have considered a move as well

My thoughts/things to consider:

Language - are you fluent? I think you would need to be if you want to work, have friends etc

Where in Greece? I would think that Athens or another city would offer more opportunities than the more rural areas, or an island.

How old are you? Age shouldnt be a barrier but it's certainly easier to adapt the younger you are

Where do you live now? Does your present location offer you better opportunities not just financial, but all round.

Do you have friends/family in Greece? Living there would certainly be easier if you have some support there.

Just a few things to consider. As for me, I think I am happy to have the best of both worlds (or in this case countries) - I can visit Greece whenever I want and I may well finally retire there.

Finally - good luck!!

I like the lifestyle of Greece. You go out there to eat and it could last for hours and you don't have your tab slapped on the table as soon as you take a bite!! Having friends there....some college age I hear all time of the college (public) having strikes and they can lose half a year or so. Salaries are very low there compared with the ones in the states. I could live there, am older and have support there, but they take seriously letting someone stay who will take jobs from Greeks and if you can't show you have money to support yourself. Good Luck though!!

Build a future in Greece????

HA-ha-ha-ha-LOL-LOL-LOL.

1st By the time your plane touches Greece you will be treated as an American (change your name to something more American because you will hang out with Americans) .

2nd If your moto is "dont overeach" then by all means you"re welcome. You will be rewarded if you do nothing but mind you if you have goals and are willing to work and make something out of yourselve you will be punished siverely.

Try to study (not work) for a semester in Greece and you will see what I mean.

(BTW I am Greek, Athens, I know some Greeks that came from the US and Canada to work in Greece stayed 6 months doing nothing, had a good time though, and went back. Greeks returning home from working in Europe are amazed by how low the slaries are and the cost of living)

Life can be good but good luck with work etc here. Greece is a bit behind the times and there are thousands of unemployed newly graduated Greeks looking for work here

• kozel

listed decrease than are my perspectives: a million. The education equipment does not even consider the desires of the scholars. that is there to operate a device for political appointments of very in many circumstances minimally qualified or maybe unqualified human beings to professorships. 2. Greeks are very a lot attentive to the above, though they clamour for a school degree which could with somewhat of luck qualify them later for yet another political appointment to some position interior the Greek civil service the position they're going to spend their operating years receiving a substandard fee (actual compared to the pay of civil servants in different eu international locations) for doing just about no artwork in any respect. the large 'motivator' is the pension which will come at an early age quite in many circumstances and that may be amassed at the same time as even operating at a 2d occupation which will in addition produce yet another pension. 3. kin does make a contribution to this with the help of portraying the above as a classic 'occupation' to their youthful. 4. Superficially the equipment finally ends up interior the production of extra 'human beings of technological knowledge' than blue collar workers. that is amazingly glaring interior the market at the same time as one seeks the amenities of blue collar labour, which by the fashion is paid for lavishly compared to the civil service. besides the indisputable fact that, the time period 'human beings of technological knowledge' is a finished misnomer because the respective skills exist on paper basically. 5. the overall approach in course of languages is or a minimum of wa, until eventually lately that each little thing should be performed in Greek. that is authentic that English is spoken in a lot extra places as we talk than it used to until eventually recent circumstances. an excellent contributory element to that is that a suitable certificate of flair in English issued with the help of the international over acknowledged businesses (eg. Cambridge or Michigan) is needed as we talk beforehand securing employment in places the position English is needed. This scenario is extremely a lot the case so a procedures as different languages are in touch besides.

Life is good, culture is nice, education has good results although you see un-organised and not so well kept Universities, but they do work well educationally after all, compared even to very advanced countries, the only problem is salaries are getting lower and life is getting more expensive all the time.

Greece is very "old world" but very hospitable in every way. Life is good there. Approximately 80,000 American citizens live in Greece.

Crime is nothing compared to USA. Nightlife, food, and recreational activities are in abundance.

I am a foreigner living in Athens, Greece. If you are curious to know what life is like here, visit my blog www.bigfatgreeksummer.blogspot.com

It's no picnic, but no where is perfect.

GREECE HAS always been an advanced culture with strong educational ties. Opportunities abound there.

Source(s): friendly culture,, & free thinkers

Please go to the Web and write in search, "Exchange student program in Greece," and you'll get what you want.

Good luck!