*sexy mocha* asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

getting rid of black hair?

I dyed my hair black last summer and I want to grow it out but my natural hair is light to medium brown so I have maybe around 4 inches of new growth and I dont like the way it looks. Is there anything I can do to make it look better besides cutting it off. I have done this before but I cannot remember what I did last time. I am on the verge of putting another black rinse in it

I only want to go back to dk brown

Favorite Answer

For HEALTHY hair, go to a good salon and let them help you with a solution. Good luck!

the only way your going to be able to get your hair to a lighter color is if you strip it... meaning bleach the color out. That will probably damage you hair horribly tho, so the best thing to do is dye your new growth a little darker so it blends better or just wait it out. Black is the one color that can't be lightened without stripping the color out. You can also ask if your hair dresser can just strip a few shades off and put a semi permanent brown color . If you keep dying it, eventually it will break off.

if I were you I would dye my hair a medium to dark brown with a semi-permanent color. This will make the difference in color not as noticeable. The black will slowly fade somewhat. Note the word slowly. So you'll have to do the brown more than once probably before your hair grows out enough to cut off the residual black. As your hair grows and the semi-permanent color fades you'll have to retouch it with the semi-perm, but it will help to make the color change of your hair not so obvious.

Source(s): Experience...
  • Instead of adding a premanent color do a semi permanent or go with brown hair. Depending on the health of your hair you may want or not want to bleach it. If it's strong and thick I would bleach it down to a lighter shade and then color your new growth and bleached part to match. Stay away fom black if you don't intend to keep it for a very long time! Good luck!

Source(s): I'm a beauty school drop out! LOL

Step a million mixture one area nutrition C Powder to 2 areas Pert Shampoo. # Step 2 place in a bowl, 1 / 4 sized drop of shampoo and nutrition C powder whilst blending with a fork to type a frothy paste. # Step 3 upload the above mixture on your hair and artwork via to the ends. leave the aggregate in for a minimum of half-hour min to 40 5 minutes max and then rinse out, repeat the approach if wanted consequences have not been reached. # Step 4 Shampoo with favourite shampoo afterwards and condition with right here conditioning therapy to place your hair back in large shape. # Step 5 domicile made Egg Conditioner Recipe aspects: * a million teaspoon toddler oil * a million egg yolk * a million cup water instructions: Beat the egg yolk till its frothy, upload the oil then beat lower back. upload to the water. rub down into the scalp and via your hair. Rinse properly. storage: maximum recipes require refrigeration on condition that they do no longer incorporate preservatives. Shelf existence is approximately a million week.

To get it to your natural color you would have to strip it and put a toner on it. Maybe you can just get highlights to make it a little lighter an keep getting it trimmed until it is all grown out.

my friend poured hygrogen peroxide over his hair and it turned brown (from black) but i'm not sure if you want to take that risk.

you can either grow it out or you can dye it dk brown.

good luck!!!

Source(s): me

actually my sister dyed her hair in black 2 months back then she came to know it looks awful on her, well she wanted to change the colour she couldn't cos she dyed it in deep black what we did we bleached it then put another colour ...yeah it is going to damage ur hair alil bit but it will help u out to make it to another colour first n dy it to ur fav coulor

All I know is if you decide to dye your hair again, only use black because any other color will make your hair turn green.

• Zoey

dye it back to close to your original color because black with different color roots coming out is not pretty