Laryn asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

Basketball Advice Please?

Here is my situation...I am an 8th grader who signed up for basketball...only 5 people signed up for our junior high team so we were moved up to a JV team so some Varsity players could help us out...since the Varsity team is very small numbered also me and a fellow classmate get to play on the varsity team only on nondistrict games...here is the problem...a couple of players i can tell do not like me...1 of them is very bossy and just rude never congraulates me...she has only congraduated me once...the other gets really pissed at me if i dont pass her the ball just right when we are doing warmups, etc. I have tried being nice to them but nothing seems to help...any suggestions?? And please no crappy answers...I'm VERY serious about this issue...

Thanks....Laryn

Favorite Answer

Just ignore them. They prolly know that you were better than them when they were your age. Just have a carefree attitude, and do only what the coach or the best player tells you to. Just have fun, and be willing to help and be kind at anytime, no matter what. Don't force yourself or don't let them force you to do anything that you don't want to. Good Luck.

they're just jealous that ur on JV so easily while those girls tried hard getting in2 varsity. if they yell @ u, then stand up 2 them. if they get mad and yell at u, then fight back. those girls are like bullies and if u want 2 get rid of a bully u have to fight back or (in ur case, argue back). besides, u have those nice people that congradulate u rite? besides, all they are is just bullies so dont let them do that 2 u, alrite?

~l8er(later)

Just play your game and ignore her, if she is open pass her the ball but if not then dont. Stop worrying about her and make yourself better. she doesnt get to chose who plays and who doesnt, besides if she is a senior shell be gone soon and you wont have to worry about her.

JUST KEEP BALLIN..THEY AINT YO COACH...I MEAN PLAYERS R SUPPOSED TO HELP EACH OTHER..

LIVE TO LOVE N LOVE TO BALL

Pass him the ball right and he will like u...

looks like ur in a crappy situation, ha ha ha ha.