Im dating a older guy and??

Im 24 & he is 35. Im not really comfortable with his age but, He treats me like a queen! I have 2 children that he loves and adores, and treat them as his own. When we go out to dinner he always pays for it. I offer to pay & he says "What do you think your doing"? The first time he called me I explaned to him that I was not comfortable with his age. So he said okay I understand..So that was that..A week later he called back asking me to just give him a chance. We've now been talking for about a month/half. He is a very good man. Is this a huge age gap or am I just overreacting???

Favorite Answer

your probably overreacting. i don't think it's that huge a gap, but if you do, then get rid of him. You're the one who has to be with him, not us. goodluck.

It could be that you are over reacting. DO NOT get worked up about what they said about the pedophile thing. He does, however sound like he could turn out to be controlling to some degree. He wouldn't take no for an answer when you told him you weren't comfortable with the age difference, so he pushed for it again a week later. He won't let you pay when you go out. THOSE are red flags. He may pick younger women because they are easier to manipulate and control. Women in their early to mid 20's are more likely to be manipulated. Be careful with that if you choose to keep dating him. If you feel like you may be getting manipulated, I'd stop dating him. It isn't good for your kids to be around that. They need to see their momma being a strong, self supporting woman. Not someone who is going to bow down to everything a man says. That is not a healthy relationship, nor is it in the best interests of the kids.

• Abby

♥ I agree with the 3rd answer. He could be acting this way because he can't find women his own age. I'm not saying that that's the case, but be careful. If I were you, I'd just be close friends with him. You're only 24, very young, and he's 35. That's all 11 year age gap. He's a bit too old in my opinion, but don't completely get rid of him 'cause there is such thing as friends being 11 years apart. When my mom was 24, she was friends with lots of people older than her, but she never dated any of them because she knew the difference in age was just too much. You're young, and you still need time to explore. As for him, he's just too old, and make sure you're careful. ♥

RED FLAG. He may be a perfectly nice man and totally on the up and up. However, he may also have issues that cause him to not have women his own age.

I have a friend who had a similar situation as you. It turned out that the guy was a pedophile and tried to diddle with her young children. Not saying your guy is, just saying that moms with children need to be extra special aware of what they may be exposing their children to. You don't know what this guy is really all about yet. Especially since you explained your discomfort to him and he didn't let it go. Why is he so eager to take up with a YOUNG gal with little kids when she already said no? Is it because you are just too irresistable, or because he sees that you are vulnerable? Who knows? Just let your inner voice that is warning you, rule your decision.

My God! Are you ever overreacting!!!!!!!!!! (However, you really should insist on paying sometimes - that he does not allow it suggests some chivalry and equality issues for him about women).