Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 1 decade ago

My dog knocked over my new laptop...?

And now my screen looks like this:

http://i11.tinypic.com/2wpuogk.jpg

Can it be fixed?

Favorite Answer

It can be replaced but it'll cost you at least $1500 to get it fixed....

It's better to use your warranty (if you bought the accident protection)...or either buy a new laptop...

However, a warranty on manufacturing will not cover this as it would be deemed as your fault and not a manufacturing issue. Maybe, though if you bought a lower end manufacturer (like HP, Compaq, E-machine) you maybe able to get them to pay a portion or such....think about it...these companies are not doing too well in the markets (stock value) they maybe willing to keep a customer than to lose one.

I'm so sorry that happened...I guess you should just always consider getting the best warranties for your stuff...

Something very similar to this happened to me in the past on my old computer. If it's new, depending on the brand of the laptop, it may have a warranty. In my case the fix was very expensive so I did not do it and ended up throwing away the laptop. Good luck.

Source(s): Past experience

Call the manufacturer of your laptop and see if it's covered under warranty. If you bought it at a store call them and ask.

• WC

The cost would be prohibitive. Even if you have a tech look at it, you can expect top pay at least $ 25.

umm well sounds and looks like u gatta get a new screen

take it to where you bought it. did you buy any insurance?

if not maybe it is under the warrenty the manufacturer gives.

i hope this helps.

no