He's bisexual, is she a fraud for accepting his friendship?

One of my friends always used to be sceptical about accepting anyone who was homosexual into her circle of friends – no matter how often I tried to tell her that people are people regardless of their sexual orientation. That was her belief, and I respected that. Since she's gone to college (all eight month's worth) she's now best friends with a bisexual guy, whom she says is 'like a brother' and is close with all his friends – most of whom are bi. While I applaud her new-found acceptance, I can't help but think she's a fraud. What makes people there more acceptable than people here.

The guy, by the way, is a model.

Favorite Answer

Maybe she finally realized people are all the same or maybe she could make any friends and the only person that would talk to her is this guy. Also she might like him

Okay I had to read, and re-read your query, and then to be sure, I read it once more.

Lady, you're friend has accepted this person for her own reasons, and gladly he's accepting her terms. Perhaps she is beyond her shallowness realizing this guy can't hurt her, but that a friendship is all she wants as does he? Who knows? They do!

For you to question this happy relationship, well I can only guess two things here. You are distraught because in the back of your own mind, you would have hoped that she and you could do the nasty together, and / or you're the 'flame dame' wanting gay friends and she's now stepping on your turf.

For what ever reason, either way lady - step aside - this friendship is 'not all about you' but about them. Your big fat jealous nose is only going to get in the way and keeping it up you may find that not only will you no longer have her as a friend, but you will never be welcomed into their circle because of it.

Is this really worth all that? I think not. Take heed princess - back-off, get your own man-which !

BGA

We simply don't have enough to go on, SO I'LL GUESS. As you said, the guy is a model and she wants to be part of the "popular" crowd. You can't crucify someone for being shallow, the world would be alot emptier!

She may have just had a change of heart and matured as a person. Does she still say that about gay people? If so then yeah she is being a bit hypocritical.

be happy that she found the error of her ways

and has become a more kind , loving person

and not the hatemonger she was before.

she sounds nice.

Maybe she came out of the closet when she went to college...

If you want a normal relationship and/or life, get yourselves a straight heterosexual man and flee from all others.

Maybe she grew up a little.

well she sounds like a jerk in any case. why don't you ask her?

yea she is a fraud!!!!