The guy I'm dating is a smoker, and its hurting our sex life. What can I do to get him to last longer in bed?

We havent been dating long enough for me to demand he quit smoking. And he has mentioned that he wants to, but I dont want to be pushy about it. What can I do to help him last longer?

should I take it slower or easier? Does anyone have some experience with this?

Favorite Answer

I don't think its the smoking hun..You just might be damn good in bed. and that is what is driving him over the edge so fast. Slow and easy is always the best anyway. But hey whatever you need to do to get him to quit smoking.

You can not demand he stops smoking, but you can support his efforts to stop. Buy him some nicoderm as a gift and tell him you are going to support him because you want him to achieve HIS goal for the new year. When he does stop reward him every way you know how. When he fails, help him stop again and again.

Smoking DOES cause vascular problems and many men do not know it. The same problems that occur with the veins to the heart and lungs happen in the genital region as well. The tobacco companies have kept that little fact as secret as they can. (Men might risk cancer to smoke but few would mess with their sex life). Add that to the fact the guys lungs are not operating at full capacity, (They dont call sex heavy breathing for nothing) and you have problems. You will not see an immediate improvement and there are other things you can do. Mostly keep it as supportive as you can, make him know you are with him as long as he is willing to try.

• krissy

I think your confused, smoking can cause a man not to get it up, but that is after years and years of smoking, and in that case you wouldn't be getting any sex.

Barring that the only way smoking could affect his sex drive is if he stops for a cigarette break in the middle of it, or is so winded he can't continue (in that case hop on top and do the work for him).

Since you just started seeing him I wouldn't try to tell him to do anything. If some guy I just started to see tried to tell me to quit I would tell him to lick the dogs ****. However you could tell him you don't like the fact he smokes, but don't expect him to throw the pack away.

P.S as a smoker i would not buy him nicoderm as gift, it would be insulting and make me mad. Most people hate to be nagged about thier bad habits, and it would make you seem pushy

smoking has nothing to do with how long someone lasts in bed. It's how things are being done thats all. him quitting smoking wont change anything sweety.

I am dating someone who smokes and our s.e.x life is not affected negatively at all. When he is ready to stop smoking he will stop. But I agree with Michele, if you do not feel comfortable asking him to stop smoking then why is he inside you. You might want to think about that.

i think smoking has little to do with it....it's just his ability. He could quit smoking and it would not make adifference. If you want him to last longer, ask him to try and last longer. If that might offend him, then he's the wrong person for you.

Is he going flaccid or climaxing too soon? I really can't see that smoking would have that large an effect on short term sexual performance. Drinking however might.

You should take it slower. Smoking doesnt really have anything to do with how long he lasts in bed.......however......drinking will.

You should just talk to him.......and see how that works out

it's not the smoking that makes him orgasm too quickly..and i don't think you can "demand" anything of another person..you can ask but don't expect to change anyone..you're in for a big shock if you think that will work

Tell him to stop, and make him do some excersises, down there, some really work and can make him last longer.