Pogonotomy asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

Is it normal for my ten-month-old cat to not show as much love towards us when we bring home....?

a four month old kitten? It has been one day now and they are on relatively friendly terms, not exactly loving, but not exactly hating, either -- whenever we try to cuddle up with our original cat he runs away or doesn't act like he used to.

Favorite Answer

I had the same issue happen with my cats 7 years ago. My older cat never was the same after the new cat came. They tend to bond more with each other and less with you. That doesnt mean they still wont want some lovin and scratches it just means that now he has a buddy to love on.

Yes it is. Believe it or not, there is jealousy amongst the animal kingdom. When I first had a cat, WilyBeth, she was the centre of my every attention and affection. Two years later my wife wanted one she could love the same way so I got her a Mother's Day gift - a 6-week old kitten she named Stormy. After that WilyBeth was indifferent towards me and my wife for several months and actually hated Stormy. As time went on WilyBeth grew out of it - but she was never the same loveable kitten-like child she was prior to Stormy's arrival. They never did get along either - tolerated one another at best.

Some cats are just like that - they hold a grudge. Others don't like the competition thing (jealousy) no matter if they are the same sex or different sex.

• binnu

Does the cat bypass out or is he a house cat? If he's a house cat it somewhat is him in basic terms removing capability. If I have been you i could have a be conscious with the vet and notice what they are saying. have you ever seen getting yet another cat as a playmate? i understand you likely think of ... no way ... as you're having sufficient problems with the single think approximately, yet it may help. I even have an 11 month previous woman and in basic terms have been given an 8 week previous woman final Saturday, at first it replaced into hell ... hissing, growling, going mad etc and now in basic terms a week later they play mutually all of the time, sleep next to a minimum of one yet another, wash one yet another etc. I even have stumbled on getting the 2nd cat tremendous by using fact the older cat now has slightly pal (they're the two domicile cats) determine while your cat does something incorrect you're saying 'NO' in an corporation voice ... they gets the carry of your place regulations finally. good luck.

• GP

He's jealous!! He is punishing you by running away. Sounds like a spoiled little baby - cute!! Give him time, he will come around again.