promotion image of download ymail app

aircraft tax hot air balloons state of california?

1 Answer

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    As a previous resident of CA and aircraft owner, was intrigued by the question. The answer seems to be "yes", per the CA tax assessor's guide, located at the following website:

    Since your balloon is registered with the FAA (I think) the CA tax folks will learn about it very shortly after changing the FAA registration, which you're required by Federal law to do.

    Suggest you do what I did - fess up, bite the bullet and pay the taxes. Happy ballooning in California !

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.