Can anyone tell me what this symbol means or is?

It's the symbol on my avatar (which, since I can't figure out how to put a pic in the question I put on a yahoo 360 page so it would show up as this avatar.) It looks like almost the greek Theta with another symbol after it that I can't decipher. Helpppppppp

Update:

And now that I see what the avatar looks like, it's too small. First character is like a greek "theta" -- a circle with a horizontal slash tho the slash doesn't go all the way through. Second character is a vertical line with two horizontal slashes off the top left (backwards F) and four more horizontal slashes going to the right like an E off the other side

Update 2:

Better view of the pic on the 360 page at http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-ZHvA_D8hdLQfzR_DNP...

Update 3:

Thanks, first guy has it nailed. . there's a pic of that in Wikipedia. Thanks much, can't give you best answer till 4 hours expire.

Not sure what the other guy meant about going online to try to find it. . kinda hard to type a picture into a browser.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

looks like a ships plimsol line to me but your pic is too small to tell

• JOHN B
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

This is definitely Not Greek. It may be a business trademark. It could be Native American symbols. But it doesn't correspond to any language I can identify. Sorry I can't be more help.

Good luck.

John B.

• T H
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

It is a ships plimsoll line or a "load line" or a "water line". When a ship is loaded, the plimsoll line shows how much can be loaded-or how deep the ship can submerge into the water safely.

• 1 decade ago

Looks like Israeli writing to me. There is a guy (Ami) on that show Miami Ink, who is from Israel. He does tattoos with that type of writing all the time. What language do they speak there?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Why are you trying to put a coffee cup there? If you want the symbol, go on line and try to find it, download it as a .jpg or .jpeg.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.