Can anyone tell me what this symbol means or is?

It's the symbol on my avatar (which, since I can't figure out how to put a pic in the question I put on a yahoo 360 page so it would show up as this avatar.) It looks like almost the greek Theta with another symbol after it that I can't decipher. Helpppppppp

And now that I see what the avatar looks like, it's too small. First character is like a greek "theta" -- a circle with a horizontal slash tho the slash doesn't go all the way through. Second character is a vertical line with two horizontal slashes off the top left (backwards F) and four more horizontal slashes going to the right like an E off the other side

Better view of the pic on the 360 page at http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-ZHvA_D8hdLQfzR_DNP...

Thanks, first guy has it nailed. . there's a pic of that in Wikipedia. Thanks much, can't give you best answer till 4 hours expire.

Not sure what the other guy meant about going online to try to find it. . kinda hard to type a picture into a browser.

Favorite Answer

looks like a ships plimsol line to me but your pic is too small to tell

• JOHN B

This is definitely Not Greek. It may be a business trademark. It could be Native American symbols. But it doesn't correspond to any language I can identify. Sorry I can't be more help.

Good luck.

John B.

• T H

It is a ships plimsoll line or a "load line" or a "water line". When a ship is loaded, the plimsoll line shows how much can be loaded-or how deep the ship can submerge into the water safely.

Looks like Israeli writing to me. There is a guy (Ami) on that show Miami Ink, who is from Israel. He does tattoos with that type of writing all the time. What language do they speak there?

Why are you trying to put a coffee cup there? If you want the symbol, go on line and try to find it, download it as a .jpg or .jpeg.