Shay
Shay asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevision · 1 decade ago

Divorce Court with Judge Lynn Toler?

Today I watched an episode of divorce court and there was a couple on there that wasn't married. They pretented to be married until the man's real wife was waiting in the judge's chambers. Judge Toler had the man's real wife there and she (the real wife) had the marriage certificate. The man also said that he did not have children and in all actuality,he had children with his wife. My husband thinks that all of this was a hoax because the wife was so calm about everything. I am not sure. If you saw this episode what do you think? I thought the producers suppose to check to see if a couple was actually married before bringing them on t.v.

If the pretend to be married couple just wanted some t.v. time, they really made a fool of themselves. What was there motive?

Favorite Answer

I saw that episode. And yes I agree that the legal wife was very calm. But then again, if I remember correctly they were separated, so she knew he was an ***. I think he and his fake wife were trying to get some money. If memory serves there was some claim about a TV or clothes that was destroyed by the fake wife. I heard from a friend that went on a court show that the settlement is paid by the show on behalf of the losing party. They thought they were going to get some quick cash! Also, the fake wife is a terrible liar, she stood there looking goofy the entire time. I also wondered why they were on the show, because I assumed the producers would check the legal status of thier relationship. But then again they could have deliberately allowed them to go on the show, to make an example out of them. I am sure the ratings werent bad either, I called both my sister and neice so they could change the channel and watch the idiots on divorce court.

• show

Divorce Court Judge Lynn Toler

1

Source(s): Divorce Record Search Database : http://DivorceRecords.oruty.com/?xDcL

Why do people do what they do? Question everyone wants answers to. I'm sure it is like you said, they wanted to be on TV and get their 15 mins of fame like all the rest. Better question is why would the wife remain so calm if it weren't a hoax? I think the 3 of them were in on it, and somehow they fooled the producers. Or, maybe the producers were desperate for ratings and knew of the scam but played along with it to get people talking about the show. (just like we're doing, right now!)

• robee

I am watching it now. The wife has a smug look on her face as if to say, "I caught you". The husband does look guilty. Looks real to me. Not all black women rant and rave. Maury Povich has given us a bad image!