Angela asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

How do guys feel about hair weaves? I need gals opinion as well?

I have friends from all walks of life and 80% of them wear hair weaves and some wigs. Most of them have nice long hair but will wear weaves to give themselves a different look. The way they explain it all it sounds good, but I just can't seem to bring myself to buy one even though I would really like to try it out. My problem is worrying about what a guy might think about it. So gentlemen tell me, does a woman wearing a hair weave bother you? Ladies what do you think about this?

Favorite Answer

If its something that you like and want to do, there is nothing wrong with trying it. You only live once and its only hair...Who cares what other people think...especially men.

What difference does it make? It depends on the guy. My boyfriend doesn't like weaves, but I really don't care. He doesn't mind as long as it looks good. However, he will pay for new hairstyle if he does not approve (saves me $). I get a weave to switch up my do and because I don't always feel like doing my hair everyday. As long as the weave is tastefully done and inconspicuous (looks real with tracks covered) with quality hair that is color, length and texture appropriate, no one should be able to tell. Oh yeah, if your hair is like taco meat, DO NOT use Hawaiian Silky, it does not match!! The average black woman WILL look like a stripper with a blonde weave. The average guy likes to run their fingers through hair, long or short. They don't like hard, stiff, ghetto styles that resemble hats or or anything else unnatural. Look at it this way, guys salivate over Beyonce, Ciara, Halle and the like. The last thing they are thinking is "eww, that's a weave"!!

To conclude, you won't be able to please every guy, so please yourself. If a guy wants to put in some $ for your do, then he shouldn't have anything to say. If they can tell by looking at it, then it is NOT a good weave.

Source(s): Experience.

Well personally, I think you should make sure this is something you really wanna do because alot of the time, once you get it in, you don't wanna take it out; it looks so good. Some guys don't like hair weaves. I don't know why; it's better than walking around with no hair. A word of advice: don't get glue in weave, get sown-in. Glue can mess up your real hair.

OH YEAH----To all those who say it's trashy, fake, ghetto, whateva--IT'S NOT. As long as you keep it up, make sure the tracks ain' showin', shampoo, resow it(professionaly) if necessary, ain' nothin' gon be wrong. So do you!

as long as the hair weave looks perfect meaning without the tracks showing. wear what makes you feel comfortable not what men might like and migh not like b/c each man is different. i have nice long hair and the only weave i'll add to it will be for microbraids and nothing else, period.

Mom of B & D

It Doesn't Bother Me, I Would Want You To Do What Ever Makes You Happy And What Ever Makes You Feel Good About Your Self. So mTry It And If You Don't Like It Don't Use It.

• diva

as long as you can maintain it, and shampoo it, and yadda, yadda, yadda its fine, in some cases it gives your own hair a rest from all the heat from flat irons,and curling irons....so dont listen to the retarded girl who said its "ghetto, and trashy" if you take care of it it can be nice, but I prefer a more natural style..

P.S. what defines the word "ghetto" anyway for those who used this word, I wonder if someone asked how do guys feel about women you bleach their hair would the word "ghetto" be relevant as a description?

I personally don't care for it .... But I don't hate it either. I think what matters if YOU like it. Give it a try...if you don't like or don't get good feedback, get rid of it.

As long as it looks natural, it doesn't matter. I think it looks nice if she fixes her hair right.

I think you will look beutiful~Don't worry so much. Take Care~

Source(s): A friend~

hey if it looks fine on you i dont mind