How do I break into the music endustry?

HELP I want it so bad!

Favorite Answer

Trust me, you don't want it that bad. :)

Sometimes things that you wish for do not turn out the way you think they do.

Beware the press, the hangers on & managers.

You can have it, but it's going to cost you -- your life, your heart, your soul, everything. The only people who can make it in the music biz today are people who live, breathe, eat and sleep music. You can't allow anything else in your life to take your focus off music, and it takes years of hard work, practice, and "paying your dues" to get there. The other thing you should bear in mind is most "professional" musicians make less than $50,000 a year. You don't hear about them, of course -- you only hear about the Aerosmiths and Mariah Careys and Eminems and Faith Hills...you get the idea. And the music business today is changing. Most record companies are signing 1-album deals and won't re-sign you unless the first album does very well. Most musicians are marketing themselves on the Internet, which means you have to stump up the cash to cut a demo or buy the equipment yourself for no initial return. The worst part is you could go through all that blood, sweat, tears, work, money, and effort and STILL not make it. BOTTOM LINE: Unless you are 100% committed to making it in the music industry and doing whatever it takes, no matter how uncomfortable, expensive, time-consuming or painful it may be, you'll never make it. If you throw yourself into it heart and soul, you might make it, but then again you might not. You willing to give up everything to get there?

idk..i want to break into the music industry 2! I have like a million talent show awards and can't get anywhere. So what can I say...join the club?

Expose yourself through talent contests, such as American Idol and Talent Rock. There you can formulate connections with people within the industry and get discovered.

Get extremly, extremly, lucky!!!

I have been trying for a very long time. You just have to have that BIG break. There are alot, and I mean alot of muscians out there.

Good luck!!

Dipman

it's industry... for future references, the might get a bit pissed off if you cant even spell it. you just need to put yourself in places where you'll be noticed.. do gigs anywhere you can get them and soon enough if you're good people will talk and you'll get bigger. Then the big gigs will come (*if you're good)

can you singt? can you carry a tune? or are you one of those fancy pants K-Fed bozos that thinks he is the new vanilla ice?