Dana asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 decade ago

I told a lie!!!!?

I told my popular friend that my non popular friend was trying to conrtol me. Well I also told my non popular friend that the popular people said that she controled me. What do i do if i don't want them to find out the truth and to still keep them as my friends?

Favorite Answer

say it was a joke?... i am in the same situation... ( different circumstances though )

GUESS WHAT? When you grow up and someday become an adult that has better things to worry about, like bills, jobs..(considering that if you ever do grow up, because I'm 23 and I know some girls that still have mommy and daddy pay for everything and they still have that naive, high school mentality...) you will realize (and all the smart ones already know this, the ones that you probably think that are "unpopular" or "geeky"), that whole who was once popular and who isn't thing won't matter in real life! So get over it!

You are not much of a friend are you? You are not worried that you lied, you are worried that you will be caught and no one will want you. The first rule of friendship is to care about the other person, popular or non popular. You were the one trying to control people. Shame on you. Tell both that you misunderstood something and hope that they dont cross check.

Hunny. Lying Is Wrong! So You Shouldn't Have Lied In The First Place! So If By Some Chance They Found Out And Wasn't Your Freind's Anymore It Would Be Your Own Falt!

• ?

Okay that wasn't the most sensible thing to do.

You're going to have to face up to it I'm afraid and tell all the guys that you lied to exactly what you did. They're probably going to be really hurt at first but if they're proper friends then after a little while they'll listen to you explain and hopefully you can be friends again.. Or you could send them an e-mail or ask someone else to persuade them to talk to you and hear you out and grovel like mad. That's if you weren't just lying to the popular gang to get popular yourself because then it could be very difficult to secure all those friendships again..? But still.. You need to talk to them and then probably solve something between all your friends because it seems to me like you can't hang around with all of them at once?!

And the obvious one.. Umm, don't lie again?!?

Good luck.

You need to never talk with one friend about another. And why lie in the first place? Is it to gain popularity with the one you are talking to at the time? You will be found out and you won't have any friends. I say if you are going to talk to me about anyone then you are going to speak to anyone about me. That is gossip and it is evil. Just be yourself and make a New Years Resolution to stop this gossiping. No one trusts a gossiper. Good Luck ~~~~

Source(s): jewel-Houston,Texas USA

oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to decieve.

u got yourself in a real mess there girl. tell the nonpopular girl that the popular girl said that she really didn't mean it & maybe the whole thing will b dropped.

also, if u r trying to convey the message that your nonpopular friend is controlling you just politely ask her to give u some space.

good luck

Why Would You Say This??? How The Hell Would This Benefit You? You Deserve To Lose The (Non) Popular And The (Popular) Friend! GREAT JOB EINSTEIN!

I'm sorry to say, your shallow..My popular friend and my non-popular friend...you sound like a little kid and you should not have any one has your friend..Look every one lies, but to lie the way you did, makes you sound shallow..

Sorry..grow up and you will know the question you ask is a dumb one.

Source(s): Me

You can't lie to people and expect them to still be your friends. If you truly cared about both these people, you would stand up for them. Even if one of them is popular and one is not, both need to knkow that they are your friend and can count on you, even when they are not around.

Sounds to me like you're not being much of a friend yourself.

For your own good, if you want to save face and get past this, you should get these two friends together and straighten this mess out. Only then can you really tell what "friendship" is.