Away to public school?

I have been going to private school like me whole life, now, my world is being turned upside down. does anyone have any tips on the change, and get this, i will have a locker for the first time! please help, i change the second of the year!

~thanks

Favorite Answer

I was recently transfered to a public school from a private school, and I was really scared. It turned out to be a very positive change. The work is much easier, even in AP classes. The first couple of weeks were pretty rough, and the classes are huge, but it was nothing like the stereotypical public school you hear stories about.

I don't know how old you are, but I had the same thing happen to me. My one big hint is to join as many clubs or sports as possible, because the other people there probably all know each other from previous years and it's harder to make friends if you don't know anyone or have had past experiences with them. Also if your changing to an A/B day schedule- use 2 bags/backpacks to keep things striaght. And you probably won't be using your locker anyway.

You will need a mentor in school. If you don't know anyone there, find someone quick who is kind and can answer your questions.