Is cloned meat different?

The FDA said that cloned meat will not need special labels - that it is safe. What do you think? Safe or unsafe and why? happy new year, everyone!!!

Favorite Answer

OMG, this is such a good question and unfortunately we wouldn't know the difference. I personally believe it is wrong and there should be labels. Did you read the science articles that came out this afternoon blasting this???!! Do you know what they do... ugh, it's terrible and I can't really get too technical because it's gory and truthful- all the electoshocks and everything. I followed up on this today and it's really freaky... can anyone say Soylent Green?

added info: Hey, mr / mrs thumbs down.. do you actually know how to read.. don't insult my intelligence for something you have no knowledge of. Why ask the question, unless you're already set in your ways?

Source(s): { ☼ }

At this point we don't really know. Cloning is still not a financially feasible alternative. If some day it does become cheaper to use cloned meat then we will have to weigh those options. Even if it doesn't have special labels I am sure the places that don't use cloned meat will advertise that they don't . Much like organic labels before laws covered what can be considered organic. It will probably be voluntary until laws are passed. There will need to be studies before we can consider them safe or not. Only research and time will tell but at this point it isn't a major concern since cloned meat is not currently available.

• Me

The FDA says its fine but I think I will wait for at least 10 years for other people to eat it first and live with out getting cancer or something before trying it lol.

FDA back tracks all the time , safe is a high bidders game , just ask the drug and tobacco and food labeling companies

Safe. The meat would be identical to the parent animal's. So as long as the parent was healthy, then the meat from the clone would be fine, too.

• LORD Z

Cloning in general degrades the material that is being cloned. It is not as good, whether it be metal, animal , mineral or plant. Eat it at your own risk.

there is NO cloned meat on the market, and there never will be its too expensive at this point

You can't tell it apart.

We won't know yet.