is slight anorexia as bad is full time anorexia?

i'm almost 13 and i just started anorexia, i also puke everything my parents make me eat. but if i still eat a little food once a week, am i still hurting myself?

Favorite Answer

anorexia is'nt a thing you can just "start" and if anything it sounds as though you've become bulimic, because thats what throwing up after meals is.

Please get some help before this spirals out of control, tell your parents or a doctor or something if you want to loose weight then do it safely and slowly in the long run the weight will stay off longer.

And to answer your question, yes you ARE hurting your self funnily enough without food we die

I'm afraid so. You may not think you are because you're taking food in, but throwing up and restricting is just as bad as full blown anorexia. By voimiting, you're showing signs of bulimia, and extremely addictive and more immedently deadly eating disorder. Not only are you hurting your body, you could die choking on your own vomit or rupture you're esophogus. You'll also wear down the enmal on your teeth.

I know eating disorders are often about taking control, but trust me, you'll find that you've lost control over the thing that you once relied on to save you.

It's grim, but true. Don't do this to yourself honey, just get help. Talk to some one.

• TBONE

Do you want to make it to 14. Then eat something you silly girl. By the way you are not anorexic, you are bulimic. What is the real reason for your angst, if your parents don't love you, wait a while someone will. But if you die you will definitely miss out.

You need 3 healthy meals a day!! Do your parents know you're throwing up your food??? If not, I hope they find out SOON and get you some help!!! Is it worth killing yourself over?? NO it's not but that's exactly what you're doing!!! Talk to someone (parents, school counselors or SOMEBODY) and get help!!!

All the other people who have answered are all saying the truth. You are seriously damaging your body by doing this i suggest and ask that you stop this immediatly as no good will come of it. I reccomend that you go to the doctors as soon as possible before you do unreparable damage to yourself.

yes, you are hurting yourself and you are hurting your future...there are major consequences for doing this and nothing good will come of it...get help from someone you feel comfortable talking to; a teacher, a parent, a counselor at school, priest, a doctor, someone to guide you right. Good Luck!

• Jay M

slight anorexia IS full time anorexia IS anorexia.

It is an EATING disorder that can and WILL effect your life, so get help now, as there is also no difference in DEATH such as "slight death", "full time death", or "just plain death".

That's like being a little bit pregnant. No such thing.

Stop playing around with your body like that. It's not a game and it's a deadly game.

hun, i deal with this all the time..listen, like everyone else has been saying, there is no such thing as a little anorexic...so get that idea out of your head. this is such a horrible thing to go through so seriously get help before you dig yourself under....i'm not joking.

Source(s): experience

Umm, what do you think?

Of course it is!

Not eating is really dangerous. I'm your age and I think its stupid. I dance about 24/7 and im not the biggest person in the world.