promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How can I get medical care without an income or insurance? My B/P is stroke range.?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Government funded hospitals have to provide you with emergency medical care if you go to the emergency room.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

You should find out if there are any free/low income medical clinics in your area. Most cities have them because they are funded by the government. Usually they would need to see proof of income (if any), and you would pay a flat rate of $35-$60 per visit - depending on the treatment. They will also prescribe B/P medicine for you, and the generic brands are usually very inexpensive. Also, if your B/P is at stroke range... that is VERY serious. You should be in the ER instead of on the computer. Once stabilized at the hospital, the doctor will write you a prescription for B/P medicine, and advise you to follow up with a doctor.

• 1 decade ago

I am in the same situation. Our family of 3 with an income of $1000/mo make just over the limit for low income medicaid. So, I generally have to resort to the ER for care and apply for Indigent Care funds.

BUT, there are many things you can do for care. Below are some tips that I hope will help you.

1st: Call your local medicaid office and get an application and get it in. Depending on your particular case--age, income, etc., you will be told if there is a program you qualify for. There are several different ones, ie low income, medically needy, transitional or adult medicaid. The sooner you get the ball rolling, the sooner you will know your status.

2nd: Check with your hospital. They usually know of clinics used in your area or they may even sponsor one.

3rd: Call every health clinic or county health department in your area and ask if they participate in the sliding scale fee. The ones that do, with no income will provide you with care at no cost or at a bare minimium such as a $5 co-pay.

4th: Call people like the United Way, Salvation Army, your local churches and get some referrals for health care.

5th: If you are on medicine already, find the website for the pharmaceutical company. Most will have an area that deals with patient assistance. Sometimes, you can print out the forms and then just take them to your doctor.

Lastly, and probably most important, DO NOT PLAY WITH HBP!!!! Go the the ER of your local hospital and see the doctor!!!

Nearly all hospitals receive funds from the Indigent Care Trust Fund. You may have to wait for the bill to apply, but it will pay 100%. Should the ER doctor see fit to admit you, someone from finances should be up to see you and assist you in applying for emergency medicaid.

I hope that this helps you and can give you info on getting care. If you can not find the pharmaceutical company online, let me know and I may already have the info for the company. I would gladly pass this on to you.

Have faith! The Lord will provide for you!

• 1 decade ago

If you are having an emeregent event such as a hypertensive emergency (usually systolic 170 or above) you can certainly go to the emergency room. Barring that you might have to find a practitioner in your area willing to see you on a sliding fee scale. A good way to find these folks is to look for an office with the word Community in the title. Also there is probably a Social Welfare board that is staffed by Nurse Practitioners in your area. You might call the local medicaid office to determine if one of these would be available.

As far as filling prescriptions, one of the things that the politicians don't want you to know is that pharmaceutical companies give away hundreds of millions of dollars worth of medicine away in the United States each year. To find out if you qualify for these programs you can go to ppa.org which will help you determine your ability to qualify. You have the top two qualifiers already no insurance and no income.

Hope this helps!!!

Source(s): Pfizer-training
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Going to the emergency room. Emergency rooms are not suppose to turn you down regardless if u can pay or not or if you have an income. They can also tell a social worker to see you and evaluate u to see in what they can help you get to help you in your life. If you have high blood pressure you can less your intake in salt, arguements, stressful things that may raise it. You can drink water and exercise. Exercising can help you be less or no stress. Think happy thoughts, even if its making believe for a while and this will help u relax. Also there is a juice; passionfruit juice from tropicana that can help you reduce your high blood pressure. And if you believe in God, you can pray and ask him to hlep you. take care.

• 1 decade ago

You can not be denied medical help based on lack of insurance or income. Go to the ER and they will get you medical and insurance help. This is your life and it is priceless, get the help you need before it is too late for you to decide.

• bobweb
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Yes, with medicare at age 65 or if your disabled under social security at an earlier age. Otherwise, if your income is low enough you may qualify for Medicaid by contacting your local social services office.

• 1 decade ago

Medicaid will help you with your medical needs and medication. You'll have to go fill out papers though or have them sent to you from your city's Health and Human Services office.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Check with some churches or Salvation Army... they should be able to put you onto a clinic that has funding for those who need but can't afford medical help.

Source(s): My son had surgery this way. It cost him 5$ for a 24,000$ procedure.
  • 1 decade ago

go to the emergency room, if you have no insurance, they will set you up with emergency medicaid, they want to get paid too, so i think you'll get it faster that way.. then you will have the medicaid for all your medical/dental needs

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.