Is RadiologicalTecnologist Better than Nursing ?

Favorite Answer

This would be something for you to answer yourself. Which do you find more interesting? There are many different fields of nursing to get into. If you are just getting ready to go to school for either of these fields I would call your local hospital and make an appointment to visit each of these departments and see which one you think would be more interesting. You could tell them you are working on a paper for school. Thats how I went and spent a day with the Radiological dept with my local hospital. I did have a paper to write on the subject though.

I am an x-ray tech and I would say it is much better than nursing. You do still have a great deal of patient care when you have them, but a nurse's responsibility is much more than an x-ray techs.

I work weekends in a hospital and most of the patients are ER patients. We have to go get our patient from their room, take them and x-ray them (this includes any moving of the patient onto the x-ray table), and take them back. If the patient has to go to the restroom we do not have to take them (although we do especially if they can walk). If they require a bedpan, we go track down the nurse.

Radiologists are actually in higher demand than Nurses

I agree about radiologist being in higher demand.

Check around your area and find out what the pay is for each. I believe radiologist get paid more.