Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 1 decade ago

Tattoo care question?

I got my Tattoo on December 23rd and have been trying hard to use the Tattoo goo at least twice per day. I dont do much in the shower because it is on my back and hard to get too. I have noticed on day 5 that my skin is flaking and is itchy. When I put the goo on I saw little black flakes. Is this normal or have I f%$%D up my tattoo? I don't want to think I didnt put enough goo on it and it got dried out

Any with personal experience ot tattoo artist please

I guess you are supposed to put the goo on right after a shower and I had not been doing that

Favorite Answer

No you haven'e messed it up. Flakes are normal while healling. and the itching is a good sign that it's healing. Just get someone toput the goo on your tat for you. You want to keep it moist and thats what the goo does. Don't worry it's still good!

Hope this helps and good luck!

Source(s): i have 4 tattoos; hubby has 5 tattoos; father and father in law have tattoos; friends have tattoos; we have a few tattooists as close friends! ;-)

That is perfectly normal!! I have 3 tattoos and they all did that!! Basically a tattoo when it is first done is like a big wound, it will flake (DO NOT PULL IT OFF) and it will itch (DO NOT SCRATCH IT) and in a couple of days it will be all better!! but at this time, you need to keep it VERY moist. Me personally don't like the Tattoo Goo, I always used A+D ointment, cheaper and works just as good, but if you are using the one, don't switch.

Good Luck with your tat and hope you get more!! :) I LOVE THEM!

Flaking and itching is normal after getting a tattoo. Keep putting on the tattoo goo in a couple of days it will be healed. Little black flakes are normal.

• Catie

hey you got your tat on my birthday cool:) Anyways the flakes is just the scabs coming off. Try to use the goo or as my artist recommended Curel lotion every few hours to keep it lathered up at least till the scab is gone it will also help them come off faster. If it dries out though it wont hurt it it just made my skin seem to tighten up and it was uncomfortable. good luck

Source(s): personal experience

The itching is a good thing, that's the healing process in action!! ;)

Just keep the goo on it as much as possible, if it's not perfect you'll still be ok. Worse case scenario, you get it touched up.

Have fun!

No you haven't messed it up...just make sure you keep it moist....but don't pick at the flakes coming off it....you'll pull ink out of the tattoo that way just let it fall off! It will itch because it's healing DON'T SCRATCH IT! The best ointment I have always used is just a straight antibiotic ointment called Bacatracin....Take care and good luck!

No you haven't messed it up- do not pull off the flakes - let them fall naturally.

Tattoos are needles that go into the skin and this is your skin healing- they do get very itchy and dry like that but as long as nothing is done like peeling the skin yourself or scratching it will be fine

Good Luck- and Enjoy your tattoo!

Source(s): Person that has 14 tattoo's

i have a large tattoo in progress on my back and usually around day four it starts itching and day five thru seven all of the scabs wash off in the shower. i continue putting lotion on about three to four times a day until it stops itching and the skin is back to a normal texture. your tattoo should be fine! good luck with it!!

You havent screwed up your atattoo dont weorry. I have 5 and its happened with all of mine. Get someone to put the goo on for you its important to keep it moist. Youll be fine.

That's perfectly normal. The itching is do to the skin trying to heal, the "black flakes" are inked stained dead skin falling off.....I have two and I thought the first thing my first....I thought all the coloring was going to flake off.....:)