Beth asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

I feel as though my life is in a rut, anyone else feel like that?

I just recently quit my job. I couldnt take working there anymore. I am home living with my parents and I am single and also have no car cause I cant drive. Just a couple of months ago life was going so good. What happend? Now I am going in to the new year starting on the wrong foot. I am also 24. I dont know what happend I am such a strong willed person and worked so hard my whole life to take care of my self and to make something of my self. Now I just feel like I am in a rut. What can I do?

Favorite Answer

i know what that feels like,i just recently kinda went through the same thing actually kinda still am......but really all you can do is rely on friends and family to help you get by.and instead of looking at it as starting the new year of on the wrong foot, look at it as starting it fresh and all new where everything can go right.

i feel you and ive been in a rut too. i quit my job to go to school and the bills began piling up and now im in debt up to my ears. the up side? well thats just it. you cant go anywhere but up. find a job you like. careerbuilder or monsterjobs work wonders. i applyed for 4 jobs at 3am one night and at 10 am the next day the calls to set up interviews began. look at it this way. you have family willing to help and you have a roof over you head. take things a day at a time everyone falls into a rut here and there and if your as stong willed as you say and i believe, you will have no problem coming out on top! good luck hope a few of my words help!

• Hell I can top that..I am in trouble with the law..I might just use poor man's justice on a few jerks I know that are railroading me to jail..I am fat and bald and where glasses.and I drive an old car I am broke and l owe everybody I know money I haven't gotten laid in months..Amy doesn't talk to me any more..because I am nuts..my shrink doesn't call me to see how I am doing..quit my job to get a court appointed lawyer I have no insurance..but you know me I cant complain..little one..life is just starting for you..your only 24 and I am 39 life is what you make it..your depressed and maybe you need some help a good shrink or friend might be in order hell you and I should be in group together..we could go out for drinks or something and talk about our troubles..it might get better if you only make it..only you can change it..no one else..believe in your self and you will make it..unless some closeted queer railroads you to jail..good luck..

• 2007

I'm with ya... I'm 24 and there are areas of my life that I am very unhappy with. It's probably a quarterlife crisis or these are the years where we should expect unstable situations to come along until we are a little bit older and actually do find ourselves stable.

Realize that everyone goes through these stages at one point in time. Take advantage of this situation and reevaluate your life. "If you can't change your fate, change your attitude". Don't be discouraged , move forward and be patient. Best of luck. You will be ok.