What website can I use to compare used Honda CR-V, Toyota Highlander, Subaru Forester, & Mitsubishi Outlander?

In your opinion, which of these models (for the 2003 year) is the overall best buy?

Favorite Answer

Best: Highlander

Best value: CR-V

Highlander will cost you the most money. They hold their value the best of the four because it's basically a stripped down Lexus RX330.

www.cars.com lets you do a side-by-side comparison I think.

I second the Consumer Reports recommendation as well.

Eliminate the Mitsubishi right off the bat. Mitsubishi has questionable reliability and resale value and there is no compelling reason to have it on your list.

Out of the rest, I would recommend the Forester if you don't need that much room and would rather have something as nimble and car-like as possible. The Forester also, oddly enough, will do even better in the snow (with optional limited slip differentials) than the others. The Forester XT is a sleeper (really fast car that doesn't look fast) so if you want to go 0-60 in less than 6 seconds and blow the doors off of unsuspecting BMW drivers--- that's your choice!

I would recommend the Toyota Highlander is space and comfort are your primary concerns. It's fuel mileage won't be quite as good as the others and it's not as light on its feet or nimble but it is a comfortable, roomy highway cruiser with a smooth and powerful V6 and it's AWD system is more than adequate for the usual sort of snow you'd encounter on unplowed roads.

The CR-V is a great compromise between the two. Not as large and thirsty as the Highlander, but with a more spacious and well thought out interior than the Forester. It's not as nimble as a Forester, but a bit sportier handling than a Highlander. It's the happy medium between these three.

Hope that helps. I would expect all 3 to have excellent reliability and resale value and all 3 are quite safe. It comes down to comfort and interior space versus fun-to-drive factor really. All are excellent vehicles in the top of their class(es)

Source(s): I know a lot about cars. Seriously.

Try the Consumer Reports annual auto issue for 2003 (in your local library--I think it's the April issue each year). See which one they thought was the best. Then look at the most recent Consumer Reports, and see what the Frequency of Repair rating for each of those cars is. That's the way I'd go about it. (Actually, I'd try their website to see what these answers are; but, I'm a member, and it wouldn't cost me anything, and I wouldn't have to take a trip to the library.)

• obee

Crv or highlander crv is smaller and gets greater effective gas milage. its additionally greater low-fee and has awd. i think of the highlander has four wheelcontinual. the two very relible. decide on reckoning on the dimensions and gas milage you pick.

autoweb or yahoo autos