Can you paint the in side of a trailer house?

I want to paint the rooms in my trailer house , it is a new home , but I hate the walls , I want color !!!!!! What do I do , what kind of paint do I use ???

Favorite Answer

First you will need to prime your walls or the paint will not stick. Go to the store and get some oil base primer. Kilz is good to use but smells really bad so you will need to have good ventalation. The primer will take about one to two hours to dry. Then use a latex paint in either a satin, eggshell, or semi gloss finish. The more the sheen the better t will hold up. Never use a flat in areas people can touch. You can not clean a flat paint it will make water marks or take the paint off completely.

This will definately work I have worked in Paint for about 10 years and I just finished painting my little boys room in our trailer. It looked sooooo good.

• 2007

Trailer house or manufactured home? Umm, prime the walls first then paint. If you paint without priming the paint will come off.

Yes, you can paint the walls. But I do recommend a good primer before you do so. Kilz worked well for me. 1 thin coat and its ready for paint. It looks great !!

i painted mine. used oil based primer first. covers paneling better. try to do with windows open.