i have electricity now!I paid all of an electric bill my old place. No payment was found by electric company?

I paid it all at a currency exchange or two. Why then, would they have no record of me paying all of those bills. Did the currency exchange keep my monwey? And why nearly two years later do I get this bill now? I have no reciepts. I don't have a bank, nor checking account, or credit card. I do have electric NOW. Help?

Favorite Answer

watch for scams in the name of utility companies... make sure you deal directly with the utility company, going in a field office if you have to. Ask for back records and documentation on the amount in question. Try to obtain any information you can from the currency transactions because without some form of receipt, you might just be stuck with paying the bill (again) or having a mark against your credit

Ouch...looks like you got taken by the currency exchange. You'll need to pay the power company. And chances are, that money is long gone. You need to get a bank account, or pay with money orders and be VERY DILIGENT about keeping money order receipts.

tough luck. if you donot have any receipts or any other way of proving it. time to get a bank account