Can anyone recommend a sewing machine for me for around $100? Specific answers and links welcome.?

I have never used one before and will mainly be using it to hem jeans, although later on I plan on doing other things too.

Favorite Answer

Start haunting the thrift stores like good will, Salvation army. Quite often you will find one there( its where i bought my new used singer) As for hemming jeans trust me all you need to do is use a #18 needle, loosen the pressure foot and your off to hemming jeans. Really try the thrift stores and look to see if they have daily sales. Happy hunting.

You need a commercial sewing machine to hem jeans. I doubt if you could find a used one for $100.00.

I have successfully hemmed blue jeans by partially using my sewing machine and going over the thick seams by hand needle. Doesn't work as well as the commercial machine and certainly doesn't look as nice.

I'm sorry that I cannot remember the name of the thing, but I saw a little portable sewing machine on tv for about 30 bucks.

Try searching the Internet for "portable sewing machine"

Try eBay! My friend just sold two of his sewing machines for $100 each.

Singer.