promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Can anyone recommend a sewing machine for me for around $100? Specific answers and links welcome.?

I have never used one before and will mainly be using it to hem jeans, although later on I plan on doing other things too.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Start haunting the thrift stores like good will, Salvation army. Quite often you will find one there( its where i bought my new used singer) As for hemming jeans trust me all you need to do is use a #18 needle, loosen the pressure foot and your off to hemming jeans. Really try the thrift stores and look to see if they have daily sales. Happy hunting.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

You need a commercial sewing machine to hem jeans. I doubt if you could find a used one for $100.00.

I have successfully hemmed blue jeans by partially using my sewing machine and going over the thick seams by hand needle. Doesn't work as well as the commercial machine and certainly doesn't look as nice.

• 1 decade ago

I'm sorry that I cannot remember the name of the thing, but I saw a little portable sewing machine on tv for about 30 bucks.

Try searching the Internet for "portable sewing machine"

• 1 decade ago

Try eBay! My friend just sold two of his sewing machines for $100 each.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Singer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.