Anyone have any good vegetarian Indian food recipes to share?

We do eat dairy, just not meats. Thanks a lot.

Favorite Answer

Without a doubt...Aloo Gobi. I'm not a vegetarian, but it's SO good that I could eat it every week. Try it and I hope you like it as much as I do.

INGREDIENTS

3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided

1/2 teaspoon cumin seed

1 small onion, quartered then sliced

2 serrano chile peppers, minced

1 teaspoon ginger paste

2 teaspoons ground coriander

1/4 teaspoon paprika

1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder

1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1/2 teaspoon garam masala

2 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets

2 teaspoons lemon juice

DIRECTIONS

Heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat in a large pot. Fry the cumin seeds for a few seconds until they turn golden brown and begin to pop. Reduce heat to medium, stir in the onion, and cook until lightly browned. Stir in serrano pepper and ginger, fry for 1 minute. Season with coriander, paprika, turmeric, cayenne, and garam masala; cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.

Stir in potatoes and salt, cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Add the cauliflower, cover, and cook until the cauliflower steams in it's own juices until it's tender, about 20 minutes. Stir in lemon juice, then pour the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil around the edges of the pot. Increase heat to medium-high and fry for 3 to 5 minutes to brown, stirring gently to avoid mashing the cauliflower.

ENJOY!

Luna : yes I know an good "Cheese Cake Recipe" well

since it deals with dairy products like that .So use simple

methods such as http://www.dckitchenscheesecake/recipe.com

Source(s): General - Food & Drink
  • .G.

Just had some awesome garbanzo curry..don't have the recipe though, Sorry, I guess I'm just an idea guy

(Nice hair) but, seriously, www.recipezaar.com has great vegetarian recipes and so does www.allrecipes.com try there. it's FREE and plentiful!

NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aNASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!dfdfdssfaNASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!aNASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!dsfdsNASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!