Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

what can i do if i'm injured during army basic training?

I hurt my knee 2 days before we left BCT for Xmas break. i was hoping to be healed after our 2 week vacation and ready to go back to training. but it's not getting better fast enough! i don't want to go back just to get recycled and sit in reception until the next cycle starts up. is there any way to stay home and heal instead of being stuck there for months?

Favorite Answer

They can put you on a type convelescent status at a med hold unit where your BCT is located. As far as you being recycled, they will start you where you left off and not from the very beginning. If you don't heal they can chapter you out.

Tell your trainer. BCT is Army right? Contact your Drill Sergeant and go on sick call. Some things are just inevitable. Do not get cycled out. It will take longer and you get nothing done.

Ice the knee whenever you can and wrap it up.

A buddy of mine who did have to be recycled (back problems) found the second time around in BCT much easier. He already knew his drill sergeants anyway and what was expected, and the second time flew by quickly.

Nope-gotta be able to pass the tests to avoid being recycled. I fractured my pelvis during the 5th week of training and was put on restricted status. I still finished on time, but I had to pass the PT test in excruciating pain.

Tell your DS you are hurt and let him guide you on how to handle it best.

You may be given a choice of entry level discharge, or recycling. That's what happened to a guy who Broke his arm when I was a recruit. Good Luck.

Maybe this is not for you. You should try modeling(if you think you look good),wrestling,or even acting. Because in training you should'nt get hurt,it's not normal.

Source(s): Hope my advice works! GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • WC

You have to talk your company commander about this matter pronto.

Tell George you quit!