Is it ok to give your supervisor a performance evaluation?

Our supervisor is required to evaluate the performnce of the employees once a year. However, we do not give an evaluation of our supervisor. Is it ok to give our supervisor the same evaluation he/she gives us? Or is it better to tell our supervisor what we think of him/her as a manager/supervisor?

Favorite Answer

Sure, I'm a supervisor and I would love to hear from my employees, I want to know what I'm doing right and what I could do to make their job easier, since they do the same for me! Without them I wouldn't have a job...

Ha! Bren needs a raise! It's o.k. to give your supervisor a personal evaluation. A person is a Supervisor because they are above others, meaning they usually know thier stuff... so what ever employees have to say doesn't really matter.. unless it is a good suggestion.... he he he

You should definitely give your supervisor an evaluation if she or he asks for it. Dont' just randomly give one to her/him and expect the best response. And Dee, I think you're a great supervisor. Kind, fair, generous......by the way, I need a raise.

Only if you want to make your life living hell. You never EVER critique a supervisor. Only tell the good stuff. That person has way too much power over you. If unasked, do not offer any evaluation. This is not your place at all.

No supervisor wants honest feedback from their subordinates. The ones that say they do live in a fantasy world where everything is wonderful. If not asked, don't do it; if asked, go with sterile comments that can't be held against YOU. And don't believe anything is anonymous.

That's why it's called a 'corporate food chain.' The little fish gets eval'd by the big fish, and the big fish gets eval'd by the bigger fish. As a lead, my supervisor did ask me for input to his performance, but it was not an eval, per se. It was only recommendations as to how I felt he could do better.

in case you go on a internet site like Amazon and seek for "worker assessment words" you will locate dozens of books and guides that grant this variety of element. I understand the place you're coming from simply by fact I truly have this comparable subject myself. it truly is considerable to remind your self nonetheless that that's no longer the time to be getting inventive. it truly is not unavoidably a foul element to be consistent interior the language you utilize in comparing your workers.

Don't ever tell a supervisor what you really think of him/her.

• PRS

Not a good idea. In fact it is a very BAD idea. Unless your company asks you to do so (some do) it would be considered very presumptuous at the very least and at the worst insubordinate.

I agree with you, But they are in charge so keep quiet. A negative comment could mean your job.