Why did prime minister Tony Blair fly on a commercial airplane? Isn't that kinda risky for a world leader?

I find it interesting that Prime minister Tony Blair was on a Boeing 747 when his country is one of them most powerful in the world. Plus, Great Britain is at war, why would he be on a commerical jet. I am sure his mililtary could find him a plane to fly on, just like our heads of state do when they leave the country.

Any ideas?

Thanks

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

He's not the commander in chief of his armed forces. He's not even head of state; he's head of government (there is a difference). Evidently he thought that the folks back home could handle things just fine while he went on vacation.

He probably judged that the political fallout for using a government aircraft to go on vacation (an expensive proposition) was something he didn't need.

• 1 decade ago

1.) More discreet... you'd think flying around in a military plane pretty much advertises he's flying.

2.) What makes you think his life is more valuable than anyone elses?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I honestly don't know, but I have an educated guess. He probably did so to make some stupid point that the president is equal to his people, and is willing to face the dangers that all of his people must, or something like that.

Source(s): No source, just an educated guess.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well if comercial air lines are as safe as the government say, then why should he not fly like the rest of us.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You know, I thought the same thing. No Air force the queen or something?

• xyz
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

More, like its risky for the passengers

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

he was on a hloiday with his family, did not want to burden the brittish taxpayers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.