promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
B-D asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

If you are working out in the Gym, what are the best underwear for you?

I want to know what kind of underwear is the safest and the best to be worn if you are doing weightlifting or even just working out in the gym

Update:

You can't go Commando in the Gym. i wear boxer on a daily basis, but i don't think that it's good to wear boxer to the gym

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Either wear briefs or boxer briefs. I always find when I'm doing cardio I need the extra support from breifs. With weightlifting it doesn't matter so much, unless you're doing weighted dips in which case you want the tackle out the way and should wear briefs. You could try these briefs if you're into deadlifting and squatting: http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=GROO...

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Wear cotton that fits, something that "holds", things can move while working out, it doens't feel good. Even as a woman I use full cotton briefs because of my butt moving and I am still only a size 6. The worst is a thong of any kind, even worse than no underwear at all. That thing can irritate and possibly cut the skin in the crack if you run too fast.

• 1 decade ago

you need something that moves well, keeps the boys in place, wicks away sweat, and gives overall muscle support. I'd suggest getting some underarmour boxer briefs. These shorts do it all. They look good, feel good, pull sweat away from your body, support the boys, and provide overall muscle comfort. You can get them in any sports store, www.underarmour.com, or even on ebay. You don't want boxers cause they don't support and can even chafe, a jock is good if you're doing contact sports or running, and a compression short is probably overboard. Good luck!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

good quality low rise briefs are the most comfortable, and keep your package secure while not causing discomfort. Or you can just go without, if you have shorts that are long enough to keep from showing your goods. Ok to go commando with weights or machines, just not advisable for the treadmill or running.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Wear a jockstrap. Protect the family jewels or suffer the consequences; and the consequences are quite painful.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Best advise is wear jockstrap.

• 1 decade ago

I've never had problem with that... I'm not sure if there is any scientific explanation, but wear what's comfy 4 u. :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

CLEAN underwear - works for you and those around you!

• 1 decade ago

NONE works for me! They seem to get in the way...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the ones that fit

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.