B-D asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

If you are working out in the Gym, what are the best underwear for you?

I want to know what kind of underwear is the safest and the best to be worn if you are doing weightlifting or even just working out in the gym

You can't go Commando in the Gym. i wear boxer on a daily basis, but i don't think that it's good to wear boxer to the gym

Favorite Answer

Either wear briefs or boxer briefs. I always find when I'm doing cardio I need the extra support from breifs. With weightlifting it doesn't matter so much, unless you're doing weighted dips in which case you want the tackle out the way and should wear briefs. You could try these briefs if you're into deadlifting and squatting: http://www.inzernet.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=GROO...

Wear cotton that fits, something that "holds", things can move while working out, it doens't feel good. Even as a woman I use full cotton briefs because of my butt moving and I am still only a size 6. The worst is a thong of any kind, even worse than no underwear at all. That thing can irritate and possibly cut the skin in the crack if you run too fast.

you need something that moves well, keeps the boys in place, wicks away sweat, and gives overall muscle support. I'd suggest getting some underarmour boxer briefs. These shorts do it all. They look good, feel good, pull sweat away from your body, support the boys, and provide overall muscle comfort. You can get them in any sports store, www.underarmour.com, or even on ebay. You don't want boxers cause they don't support and can even chafe, a jock is good if you're doing contact sports or running, and a compression short is probably overboard. Good luck!

good quality low rise briefs are the most comfortable, and keep your package secure while not causing discomfort. Or you can just go without, if you have shorts that are long enough to keep from showing your goods. Ok to go commando with weights or machines, just not advisable for the treadmill or running.

Wear a jockstrap. Protect the family jewels or suffer the consequences; and the consequences are quite painful.

Best advise is wear jockstrap.

I've never had problem with that... I'm not sure if there is any scientific explanation, but wear what's comfy 4 u. :)

CLEAN underwear - works for you and those around you!

NONE works for me! They seem to get in the way...

the ones that fit