Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

What would you think?

If your husband was receiving email from a woman he has bee talking to online for over a year and you knew about it? The email were links to songs. The songs were suggestive. Lets make love, lips of an angel, and so on. What would you think? He tried to hide the email from me, but I saw it as I came into the room.

Favorite Answer

I would think that there was some kind of an affair going on, even if its not physical. Affairs don't have to be physical, they can be emotional. I had the same thing happen to me, and I ended up booting my ex in the rear end. He even tried the whole "But this girl is a lesbian!" trick. Maybe she is, maybe she isn't. However he was having an emotional affair, regardless of her orientation. I say confront him about it, and give him an ultimatum. If there's nothing going on, he wont have a problem cutting off communication with this woman.

I would question it especially since he tried to hide it from you! if nothing was going on between them why would he try to hide it? Why would you let your husband talk to a woman over the internet anyway? My opinion would be to question it and don't back down if you don't feel right about his answer. Hope my opinion helps!

The fact that he is hiding things is no good. I think you have problems and you need to talk to him. If he is lying you will know. If he is having an online affair it will be hard for you to deal with but you dont want to have your head in the sand.

Good luck and I hope for your sake that I am wrong

I would wonder why he tried to hide the email. Ask him

If he had nothing to hide and nothing was going on, he wouldn't be trying to hide the emails from you especially if they were harmless. I would proceed with caution because something doesn't seem to be right with this picture...

I would ask him what is the deal. If nothing is up why is he hiding the email. He is hiding something and you better find out what it is.

• NAN G

I would think the same think that you are thinking. He needs to stay off the internet with her - maybe you could email her and suggest she not contact him again. No good can come of this.

I personally find secretive communications with members of the opposite sex unacceptable for anyone who is married. I'd say talk to him about it, but he'll probably lie to you. Become a whiz on the PC like me and watch everything he does ;-)

Or, you can always leave him if you don't trust him.

There is definitely something going on and if it hasn't happened yet it will eventually. If they were totally innocent then he would have no reason to hide them from you. Talk to him about what you think and how you feel. If he cares he won't correspond anymore.

ask him about it. what kind of email have they been sending back and forth? why does he hide it from you? if it's been goign on so long, why hasn't this discussion come up before? this does sound somewhat fishy. look into it. don't be accusing, though; just ask and see how he responds and go from there.