Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Anyone know the title for older fictional story similar to Brave New World involving telepathic communication?

This story was part of a tenth grade english class in Canada back in 1985. The main character was a boy/young man who had telepathic power that he had to hide. He communicated with a 'friend' who was otherwise unkown to him.

Favorite Answer

Are you talking about the story where anything outside the norm was considered an abomination and an insult to God? There's a short story in an older compilation I read years and years ago that sounds similar, but I can't think of the title.

Was the telepathy done through shapes and such? I'm really curious if this is the same story I'm thinking of.

Check out some of the books by Stephen Gould. This sounds like a book I read many years ago. He has several other good books, such as JUMPER and REFLEX, the HELM are three of his better works that I can recall right now. Have fun.