Do I need TX tags or OK tags?

I am going to buy a used car in OKlahoma,but I am a resident of TX and my question is, How does that work? Should I get OK tags or TX tags?

I live and work in Oklahoma right now because I'm am going to school

Which method is the least expensive?

Favorite Answer

Normally you must tag your car in the state of your legal residence. That's generally where you maintain your primary residence -- where you return to at the end of the day.

There are exceptions for active duty military and full-time out-of-state college students. You have the choice of tagging your car in either your domicile (state of legal residence) or where you are stationed (military) or are attending school (full-time out-of-state college students.)

If you are a full-time student, it's your choice. If you are less than full time and are living in OK, you are actually a legal resident of OK now and must tag it there.

The costs are similar for the most part. OK has some taxes that might be a bit higher, but their tag fee is lower than TX; it's a wash for most folks.

• If you are buying in Oklahoma but, a resident of Texas along with a Texas driver's license you will need to get Texas tags. The only bad thing is that the sales taxes in Texas are actually more than Oklahoma.

Since you are a resident of Texas you will be required to have TX plates. Now if you change your residence to Oklahoma then you will get OK plates.

Nope plus... First you have 30 days after get admission to into the state to attend to a Texas driving force license. while heading to the DMV, determine to hold the license out of your former state as you would be required to provide up it with the intention to get carry of the hot license. If its been 30 days then you certainly won't be able to get something yet you would be ticketed for this, I stay in Texas..

If you live in Texas (like I do so i know what I am talking about) you need to drive with texas tags.

TEXAS tags of course why would you want to drive with any thing else.I Miss my State..

You definately need texas tags, you dont need the headache.

problematic factor. look into on the search engines. it can help!